Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LennyCredit stops reporting FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LennyCredit stops reporting FICO

I have been using the Lenny Credit app for my monthly EQ FICO scoring, but just got an email saying that as of 9/25, their new policy will only give out FICO scores if you have a loan with them.

Anybody know of any other places to get a free monthly EQ FICO without signing up for a new card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LennyCredit stops reporting FICO

I believe you can get one from DCU with check/savings combo or a credit card/savings combo, ask them on the check/savings to be sure.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone in another post said DCU does NOT provide them anymore.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

After everything that's happened, as I remarked in another thread, I'm no longer so enthusiastic about EQ, scores and all, as I once was. I still get EQ 9 scores from Penfed, though only quarterly, so.

Message 4 of 9
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know that this is true. I got mine last month, but September should be within the next few days. It is also still listed on their website. It is a EQ FICO Score 5 though, not an EQ Score 8.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 5 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU still provides them - mine just posted yesterday.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As other folks have mentioned the score provided by DCU should not be viewed as a replacement for the one provided by Lenny.  DCU's is the FICO mortgage score -- Lenny's is FICO 8.  The only thing they have in common is both being drawn on EQ data.  The two scores could be wildly different, depending on a person's profile.

DCU is a nice choice for someone who has pulled all three mortgage scores through myFICO (or possibly a lender) and now wants to track only his EQ mortgage score in preparation for a home purchase a year from now.  There's a number of scenarios where that could make sense (and save you $360 on the myFICO Ultimate product).

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

As other folks have mentioned the score provided by DCU should not be viewed as a replacement for the one provided by Lenny.  DCU's is the FICO mortgage score -- Lenny's is FICO 8.  The only thing they have in common is both being drawn on EQ data.  The two scores could be wildly different, depending on a person's profile.

DCU is a nice choice for someone who has pulled all three mortgage scores through myFICO (or possibly a lender) and now wants to track only his EQ mortgage score in preparation for a home purchase a year from now.  There's a number of scenarios where that could make sense (and save you $360 on the myFICO Ultimate product).

Out of curiosity but why would you rate FICO 8 as a better score than FICO 5 for tracking purposes?

DCU is still the gold standard for me, and still functional.

        
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rev.  Sorry for the confusion.  I wasn't suggesting that FICO 8 EQ is better than FICO 5 EQ -- just that they are different.  The clear sense I got from the first post was: I was getting a certain score from Lenny, looks like soon they won't be giving it out, can someone suggest another free source for this score?

I was just alerting the OP that the scoring model was different from the one he got with Lenny. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.