Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Let sleeping dogs Lie

Got a odd question. A few of my baddies are reporting in the "Collections" section of my TC report under say TU and EX, however in EQ they are showing up under "Installments". Some of these will be aging off in a few years, some will be haunting me a while unless I can PFD them. Is there any benefit to disputing this, and getting the "Installment" moved to Collections. Or will this only cause me more pain?
Valued Contributor
Boswd

Re: Let sleeping dogs Lie

If they aren't reporting to EQ as collections, then yes let them lie low.   Collections will be an additional ding on your Eq report.   Also double check to make sure the collections aren't buried somewhere in your report.    I think the best way to find out everything is if you go to the dispute section, even if you don't dispute anything, it list's the meat of your credit report.
Frequent Contributor
flygirl

Re: Let sleeping dogs Lie

jaguls66 wrote:
Got a odd question. A few of my baddies are reporting in the "Collections" section of my TC report under say TU and EX, however in EQ they are showing up under "Installments". Some of these will be aging off in a few years, some will be haunting me a while unless I can PFD them. Is there any benefit to disputing this, and getting the "Installment" moved to Collections. Or will this only cause me more pain?

I had the same thing with a medical collection..it was reported under Installment accounts....not knowing  any better, I disputed, and within 3 weeks it was deleted. Guess I got lucky, huh???:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+