Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let sleeping dogs Lie

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let sleeping dogs Lie

Got a odd question. A few of my baddies are reporting in the "Collections" section of my TC report under say TU and EX, however in EQ they are showing up under "Installments". Some of these will be aging off in a few years, some will be haunting me a while unless I can PFD them. Is there any benefit to disputing this, and getting the "Installment" moved to Collections. Or will this only cause me more pain?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Let sleeping dogs Lie

If they aren't reporting to EQ as collections, then yes let them lie low.   Collections will be an additional ding on your Eq report.   Also double check to make sure the collections aren't buried somewhere in your report.    I think the best way to find out everything is if you go to the dispute section, even if you don't dispute anything, it list's the meat of your credit report.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let sleeping dogs Lie

jaguls66 wrote:
Got a odd question. A few of my baddies are reporting in the "Collections" section of my TC report under say TU and EX, however in EQ they are showing up under "Installments". Some of these will be aging off in a few years, some will be haunting me a while unless I can PFD them. Is there any benefit to disputing this, and getting the "Installment" moved to Collections. Or will this only cause me more pain?

I had the same thing with a medical collection..it was reported under Installment accounts....not knowing  any better, I disputed, and within 3 weeks it was deleted. Guess I got lucky, huh???Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.