cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets guess my future scores after gardening....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lets guess my future scores after gardening....

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand the multiple Cap One cards and stuff....but I really don't understand the store cards. I just don't.

its ok, noone will understand. 

Actually, I do understand. It's about proving that you can get back up after a really bad fall.

Message 81 of 89
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

OK..Im gardening for 1-2 yrs.  I lost some pts on my last 2 month app spree,  but not that much because im already in the dirtiest of all buckets known to Fico, lol ( BK).  Ive had 20 new accts in the last 3 months, and at least that in inquiries on all three CRA.  They were all HP's. NOW... Some of you know my past and current credit situation, if you dont, then you dont really hang out in the forums that much, lol...

** Reminder:  This is just a fun game (but I still want your opinion), not a chance for some to take a dig at me, and remind me to stop apping and garden. I know this alreadySmiley Wink**

With that said, I plan to do the following:

1) garden

2) close 4 store cards within the next yr

3) NO apps for anything, nothing (i.e....mortagae, car, cc, apt, util, phone etcc..) Im set.

4) keep my 1% util reporting

5) ill have 3 CC reach the "2yr" mark, and several cards reach the "1yr" mark, and roughly 8-13 inq drop from all 3 CRA, and several reach the 1yr mark. 

So with that being said, these are my current Fico scores , and my prediction of future scores at the 6mo, 1yr, and 2yr mark.  Im curious to know what you all think my scores would be given that basic info, (some of you know my profile way better though).

CURRENT               6MO                  1YEAR                    2YEAR    

EQ- 649                    655                      670                         685

TU- 649                    655                      670                         685

EX- 657                    663                      675                         690

What do you guys think?? Is my prediction decent?

With one baddie reporting, EQ tends to max out between 663 and 680.  EX will be equal, slightly lower or higher (they report payments differently).  TU will be your highest score, but not much over 700, if even reach that.  Taken from someone whom did clean up the ole fashioned way, and saw how derogs disappearing affected scores.

Also, as accounts IIB fall off, you AAoA will get shorter, pinging the score down,  Just an FYI.

My EQ is at 721, and EX at 723 with a large tax lien reporting.

Bk is worse bucket, and OP wanted predictions over next two years.  Plus, is tax lien paid?  Hard to get over 720 with BK for at least five, six years (why I didn't do BK, but got advice from lawyer friend who does bk, vs the debt consolidation, bk attorneys recommending I file).  Glad I did it this way, understand not everyone can.

Signature needs updating
Message 82 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got it paid the middle of last month. But it is over 7 years old, so age is probably a factor.

Message 83 of 89
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got it paid the middle of last month. But it is over 7 years old, so age is probably a factor.

When you gonna lend me the sea hawks card? Smiley Tongue

Back on topic...

Signature needs updating
Message 84 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh I hate SCT cards with a passion. Store cards in general. If I weren't rebuilding I wouldn't have the Walmart or Care Credit at all.   September and October are the one year mark respectively for Walmart and CareCredit, if nothing significant is happening on either one (Major CLI, Upgrade to MC on WM) then they'll be next to go.  That's also about the time I'll be applying for Barclay (Rewards or SM) and possibly Chase (CSP) again, and MAYYYYYBE Discover.

Message 85 of 89
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAmajzan wrote:

Well I like to aim high. I figured, inquiry;shouldnt be holder her down, she would have good use on the account, age on the accounts, so the only thing that should be holding down her score should be the derogs from the bk and the bk right?

Inquiries stop making a difference after a while and or certain number.

What is holding down scores currently is indeed the derogs, but also amount of new accounts opened.

Like I said. I think 670-680 is a realistic goal.

Agreed... 670-680 is where I'm at 2 years post BK13 discharge, and I don't have near the new accounts or INQ's as the OP.

Good thing for me is I'll be well over 700 in the next 6 months (Oct 1st TU) and 9 months (Jan 1st EQ and EX) with early exclusion.

Just about to the end of this long road... Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 86 of 89
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiries stop making a difference after a while and or certain number.

What is holding down scores currently is indeed the derogs, but also amount of new accounts opened.

Like I said. I think 670-680 is a realistic goal.

Yes, have to agree. Those derogatories are going to be the wet blanket for a long time.

The reality of the situation is, OP has plenty of credit, including good bonus cards to play with. At this time, the only thing to do is use the cards and PIF to create month after month of good payment history. Even the 1% utilization thing is pointless, really. Since there are no other apps to do, that is the only action that really matters: Pay on time every month.

Closing the store cards should be handled as a paced thing. Like skeet shooting. Every two months "Pull!!"... bam... down goes a store card.

Agreed with this too.

The utilization game totally isn't necessary because FICO has no memory from month to month.  I posted a $2000 0% promotion last month and lost 6 points off EQ.

If I believed everything I read on these forums about the UTI game I'd have already jumped off a bridge because the world should have definitely caved in with that one...

NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Message 87 of 89
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

OK..Im gardening for 1-2 yrs.  I lost some pts on my last 2 month app spree,  but not that much because im already in the dirtiest of all buckets known to Fico, lol ( BK).  Ive had 20 new accts in the last 3 months, and at least that in inquiries on all three CRA.  They were all HP's. NOW... Some of you know my past and current credit situation, if you dont, then you dont really hang out in the forums that much, lol...

** Reminder:  This is just a fun game (but I still want your opinion), not a chance for some to take a dig at me, and remind me to stop apping and garden. I know this alreadySmiley Wink**

With that said, I plan to do the following:

1) garden

2) close 4 store cards within the next yr

3) NO apps for anything, nothing (i.e....mortagae, car, cc, apt, util, phone etcc..) Im set.

4) keep my 1% util reporting

5) ill have 3 CC reach the "2yr" mark, and several cards reach the "1yr" mark, and roughly 8-13 inq drop from all 3 CRA, and several reach the 1yr mark. 

So with that being said, these are my current Fico scores , and my prediction of future scores at the 6mo, 1yr, and 2yr mark.  Im curious to know what you all think my scores would be given that basic info, (some of you know my profile way better though).

CURRENT               6MO                  1YEAR                    2YEAR    

EQ- 649                    655                      670                         685

TU- 649                    655                      670                         685

EX- 657                    663                      675                         690

What do you guys think?? Is my prediction decent?

With one baddie reporting, EQ tends to max out between 663 and 680.  EX will be equal, slightly lower or higher (they report payments differently).  TU will be your highest score, but not much over 700, if even reach that.  Taken from someone whom did clean up the ole fashioned way, and saw how derogs disappearing affected scores.

Also, as accounts IIB fall off, you AAoA will get shorter, pinging the score down,  Just an FYI.

I did hit 700 EQ at the end of 2014 after a year of gardening prior to going on my app spree with 4 new CC's and then buying a new car in January 2015.

My TU has stayed in the 660-670 range and EX has seen a peak of 686. 

All my reports are the same... same accounts, same IIB derogs... same public record.  Only difference is the INQ's on each.  TU has been my lowest and EQ my highest.  TU also has the most INQ's of the 3... because for whatever reason all my creditors love pulling TU.

Counting down the months till everything falls off...

Message 88 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think OP will hit 680 after two yaers. If she is a particularly good girl and pulls out all the stops, I can see her getting to 695-700, but if we just assume sticking with the status quo and not apping for anything, I think 680 is a fair target. 

Message 89 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.