cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets talk about this temporary score boost from disputing.

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Re: Lets talk about this temporary score boost from disputing.

I disputed a Lowe's card due to Identity Theft. While they were investigating, the card reported a 0 balance. All of a sudden, I get a scorewatch and my balance from Lowe's was reported as 1500 dollars. I took a 13 point hit! I found out that Lowe's had credited back 1200 to my card, but there were 4 items that somehow didn't get investigated. Now, those 4 items are in dispute and I hope to gain those 13 points back when it is resolved. The problem is that it tooks Lowe's 60 days to do the first investigation!!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
If listed as a TL- a CA is not counted in scoring during a dispute.

going2tdc wrote:
Sidewineder, I misread your reply. So if a CA is reported under the account section, does that still apply? Are they still factored into your score during the dispute?

DD has several CAs listed as TLs.  Are these CAs treated differently (than they would be in the "Collections" section) in scoring when not in dispute.  One or two of these are shown in "Collections" on her EX report, (in addition to being shown as a TL)....are they figured in the scoring twice?  Also the CAs listed as TLs are claiming "factoring company account" and type of loan as "installment", when it fact three of them are medical bills and one is trying to collect on a debt from a cell phone company?

Message Edited by kidshelper on 07-18-2008 02:13 AM
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When listed as the TL -
All FICO pays attention to  is "Collection" and the date

If the TL is is updated regularly- it will keep your score down.

kidshelper wrote:

Timothy wrote:

going2tdc wrote:
Sidewineder, I misread your reply. So if a CA is reported under the account section, does that still apply? Are they still factored into your score during the dispute?

DD has several CAs listed as TLs.  Are these CAs treated differently (than they would be in the "Collections" section) in scoring when not in dispute.  One or two of these are shown in "Collections" on her EX report, (in addition to being shown as a TL)....are they figured in the scoring twice?  Also the CAs listed as TLs are claiming "factoring company account" and type of loan as "installment", when it fact three of them are medical bills and one is trying to collect on a debt from a cell phone company?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy:

The four accounts I mention are all showing in the TL's as installment, 120 days past due.  In addition, two of the four appear in Collections. 

Timothy wrote:
When listed as the TL -
All FICO pays attention to  is "Collection" and the date

If the TL is is updated regularly- it will keep your score down.

kidshelper wrote:

Timothy wrote:

going2tdc wrote:

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And another thing they are CAs, three of which are medical.  How can a CA show up in the TLs...is it because all four are using that "factoring account stuff"????
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like them trying to report CA's as a TL either-

You can go after the CRA using the Factoring Co angle or use the HIPPA on the OC/Ca's

You are not a business, and you can't factor accounts that are past due.

I am not sure if the 120 past due marking is being ignored- as "Collection" is more serious

kidshelper wrote:
And another thing they are CAs, three of which are medical.  How can a CA show up in the TLs...is it because all four are using that "factoring account stuff"????

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't like them trying to report CA's as a TL either-

You can go after the CRA using the Factoring Co angle or use the HIPPA on the OC/Ca's

You are not a business, and you can't factor accounts that are past due.

I am not sure if the 120 past due marking is being ignored- as "Collection" is more serious

@Anonymous wrote:

Im sorry, can you elaborate on this, or point out a thread that has been posted? I Would like to have all my collections reported in the collection section. ASSET ACC updates monthly and that is hurting my score. OMG I HATE THEM.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.