Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from a Collection Agency on Debt Paid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter from a Collection Agency on Debt Paid

Back in November I cancelled T-Mobile Service after 4-5 years as a client and immediately lost online access / billpay features of the account.  A couple of months later I received a bill with some late fees and immediately paid.  Then came another bill for 34.xx and rather than mess with the small amount I paid by the date requested.

I received a letter this weekend dated the 11th from an outfit called Bureau of Collection Recovery, INC. demanding payment of 34.67 and offering settlement of 27.74.  They had a website with a link for complaints and I send communication including copies of my online Bank of America billpay that shows the debt paid as of 03/03, the date requested by T-Mobile. 

I plan on following up with the collector tomorrow morning, but am wondering if I should also send a certified letter disputing.  The file is NOT showing up on my credit report at this time but I would be more than upset as I have been spending a lot of time and money paying down debt and should be well over 700 when my lenders next report to the bureaus and do not want to have to deal with a situation that has already been resolved.  Also, is this a legitimate agency or will T-Mobile rectify and signals were crossed.

Please advise!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter from a Collection Agency on Debt Paid

i would dv asap, not sure i would have given them as much info as you have. remember they have to furnish the proof to you.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for answering so quickly and what is DV? 

Realy new at this.
Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

debt validation letter. do a quick search, or maybe even look at the stickys i think there is a list there.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

here pulled this from the frequently requested threads sticky

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link and I also found the commond abbreviations thread.

Appreciated!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.