Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter sent to all three CRAs

tag
DUISlayer
Regular Contributor

Letter sent to all three CRAs

I sent a letter out to each of the 3 agencies, all similar, but slightly different depending on the circumstances with each report. This is the letter I sent to TU. My question is: should I have sent 4 different letters to TU, one for each problem (collection, late payment, inquiries, addresses), or is this way fine?

--

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have recently received a copy of my credit report from your agency. I am writing to your agency because after looking at my credit report, I have found several inquiries which I do not recall authorizing. I am requesting that the unauthorized inquiries be investigated and either proof of my authorization be returned to me or that the inquiry be removed from my report. The inquiries in question are as follows:

GEMB/Dillards  5/6/06
Ed Morse Chevrolet 12/15/06
WF Bank  12/19/06
Americredit  12/19/06
COAF   12/19/06
Washington Mutual 7/25/07

In addition, a collections account from Credit Protection Association (account xxx) is still listed on my TransUnion credit report, but has been removed from both my Equifax and Experian reports. I am requesting that this account be removed from my TransUnion report as well. A copy of a letter I received from CPA is attached stating that the account is to be deleted from my report.

I have also noticed a thirty day late payment on my credit report in November 2007 for my Capital One account. I am further requesting that your agency investigate the due date and actual payment date during this period. If Capital One does confirm that this late payment is accurate, please provide a copy of their paperwork proving so. If they are unable to confirm a late payment within thirty days as required by law, please update my credit report to show all on-time payments for this account.

In addition, I would like to request that my address history be upated as follows:

Xxx
Xxx
Xxx

Thank you in advance for taking the time to investigate and correct these matters. I look forward to hearing back from your agency. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via electronic mail (xxx) or postal mail.

$1,500        $4,500        $1,000        $1,000       $13,500       $3,100        $1,000        $1,000        $15,000
     5/06           7/07            5/11            8/17            8/17           9/17           10/17         10/17          10/17

FICO 8 as of 11/4/17: EQ 674, TU 679, EX 665 | Gardening commenced Friday the 13th (10/13/17) | Next app: Oct '18 - 2nd AMEX

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter sent to all three CRAs

First of all, they will almost definitely not research your inquiries, and you will get a form letter saying to contact your creditors to discuss.   That being said, only the Wamu 7/25/07 inquiry is counted by FICO in calculating your score, and it is 6 months old at this point, so as of 8/08 it will not count at all.   They then all fall off after 2 years.  So, this should not be a huge problem for you.

Regarding your collection comment, be assured that each CRA does not care at all that it has been removed from the others.  They won't even react to that at all.   You'll need to give them a legitimate reason as to why this should be removed, i.e. not yours, not late, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.