cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter specific to a CA falsifying reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter specific to a CA falsifying reporting?

That SSgt & I are trying to get the powerpoint he created from his email to mine. DH & I had the same problem when he was in Iraq - big problems sending or receiving most files. If he can find a way to get it to me, DH's battalion has agreed to use it in their pre-deployment & post-deployment briefs. I'm also going to send it to some of my ex-colleagues in MCCS to see if they want to incorporate it in the MCCS briefs.
Now that DH is at work again (hey, by the way, he's going in to work now!!! Really more as an evaluation of his abilities & deficits, but still, he's going to work! Progress!) he has access to his gov email so maybe I'll tell the SSgt to email HIM.. thinking out loud...

And yes, your spouses mistakes are your own. That goes for getting in trouble w;/ the law, too. Esp if you live on-base. To the mil, you should have your spouse "in check" regardless.
Message 21 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
HTSU-
Very true. But the finer points, like "if the only card you have is the StarCard, a) it's not a real cc and b) if you keep it maxed out your score will be crap..." are not of any interest to the military.

I am sorry, but I beg to differ. The military does look at your scores. Either before you enter the military, when you get into a financial crisis and on periodic reviews of your clearance. If they did not care I would not still be in the military.

One of the biggest things for a member of the military to do is let someone in your chain know when you are having financial problems. The worst thing in the world is for them to be notified before you tell them. As hard as it is to do, and I am 51 years old, is to tell someone you can not pay your bills. Regardless of any extenuating circumstances as to why. Other than this site, which I thank daily from the bottom of my heart, it was my supervisors that stood up for me and helped. You may get yelled at, but they will help.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 04-25-2008 08:01 PM
Message 22 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That SSgt & I are trying to get the powerpoint he created from his email to mine. DH & I had the same problem when he was in Iraq - big problems sending or receiving most files. If he can find a way to get it to me, DH's battalion has agreed to use it in their pre-deployment & post-deployment briefs. I'm also going to send it to some of my ex-colleagues in MCCS to see if they want to incorporate it in the MCCS briefs.
Now that DH is at work again (hey, by the way, he's going in to work now!!! Really more as an evaluation of his abilities & deficits, but still, he's going to work! Progress!) he has access to his gov email so maybe I'll tell the SSgt to email HIM.. thinking out loud...
And yes, your spouses mistakes are your own. That goes for getting in trouble w;/ the law, too. Esp if you live on-base. To the mil, you should have your spouse "in check" regardless.

Any dependent. Too much of any misbehavior can have you removed from base housing. And yes, what ever a dependent does reflects on the servicemember.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guinness,
You are right. But scores have to be, liike, HORRIBLE, before your clearance or position is in danger. After my DH's divorce, his scores were mid-500's and he was a GySgt and still didn't get called on the carpet.

What I mean, is the difference between a 620 and a 720 that can be achieved by keeping util low, having a good mix, etc.... that kind of finer point, not 455 and can't even get a stick of gum on credit Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Credit is a huge issue. I know, I lost my clearance due to just that. Several people have had the same thing happen and they had very good credit. If you have a collections that has been on your CR for 3 years and not paid it they will pull your clearance. Now, I am talking Air Force and Army. Not real familiar with the other branches.

It is not so much your score but the fact that nothing has been done for 3 years. It looks as though you do not pay your debts and could be a security risk.

My scores are in the can't get a stick of gum on credit range Smiley Happy But they know I am working on it.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.