cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter specific to a CA falsifying reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter specific to a CA falsifying reporting?

We have been going around w/ Chase... I have DH's CRs back to 2006.

In 2006, status of this account was:
"30 days Aug 2002, 60 days Sep 2002, Charge off as of Sep 2002".

In Mar 2008, status was ""Paid, CLosed/Account charged off. $25 written off."

Today, April 2008 after Chase has been DV'd by myself, and contacted by OC three separate times to revert status from "Charge off" to "Paid/Closed" guess how it reads?:
90 DAYS LATE 67 TIMES from MAR 2006 TO MAR 2008.

So not only have they changed the status from Charge-off to late for the last two full years, they have started reporting it every month as 90 days late, even though it was PIF now four months ago.

The OC agreed to delete the account, and Chase claims the OC is liable for requesting this status change, since it's a private label account. I spoke to the CFO at OC today and he is very upset, and had just gotten off the phone w/ Chase ten minutes before our call. However, at that time, I had not seen this most recent bit of unpleasantness, where Chase is trying to punish us by falsely reporting 90-day lates for the last two years (an account is either 90-days or Charged off, it can't be both at the same time, AND it can't be 90-days late for two years straight) and continuing to report it as a delinquency for at least three months after it has been paid...

I'm going to send this letter CMRRR to both Chase AND the OC, and hopefully get the OC mad enough to get it fixed, and fixed fast. Their pressure on Chase should "help" Chase fix what I'm sure is a "mistake" quickly... problem is, not sure what letter to send now.

Help please!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Letter specific to a CA falsifying reporting?

@Anonymous wrote:

90 DAYS LATE 67 TIMES from MAR 2006 TO MAR 2008.
So not only have they changed the status from Charge-off to late for the last two full years, they have started reporting it every month as 90 days late, even though it was PIF now four months ago.
Wow, what a mess! Go get 'em!

If nothing else, how can you have 69 of any kind of payments whatsoever in a 24 month period (3/06 - 3/08)? What are they smoking up there???
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested to know a lot of things...

1. 67 times late in 2 years?
2. 90 days late for 2 years?
3. Continues to be 90 days late for three months after it was paid off?
4. No acknowledgement of 2 CMRRR letters - one from me, one from OC...
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump... anyone have a link to the letter I'd send for this situation?
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to CFO of the base entity this morning.. told him about these most recent goings-on. He has advised that I not go ape-crazy quite yet, and let him work his magic. He had spoken to his guy-in-the-know at Chase/First USA and basically told them the entire account was their (Camp Lejeune's) mistake and to delete it entirely.
He asked me to give him about 30 days to see this to fruition... if this inside guy at Chase screws around as well and doesn't delete the TL, then he feels BBB/AG/etc notification is appropriate and he will back us up to verify Chase has screwed us royally.

So I'll just hang on a few more days to see what happens with this... if they don't delete the TL, or at minimum revert it to "paid closed" from "paid charge off" and remove the magical 67 90-day late pmts in 2 yrs, the gloves will come off.

On that note, he said something very interesting in light of all the rumors about a Chase/AAFES product in the near future... he said "Our relationship with Chase is almost completely severed, so we don't have as much weight as we used to... Not severed for any negative reasons, just we're ending our business relatinoship with them..." I wonder where this leaves that forever "coming soon" Chase credit card thru AAFES ???

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAAAAND insult to injury: I just got a letter in the mail from Chase, dated 19 April which is 3 days after their confirmed receipt from the base directly, and three days after the fax from me w/ the supporting docs & correspondence from the base requesting reversal from C/O to Paid/Closed.

And it reads "We have investigated your request and have concluded we are accurately reporting as paid charge off,. account closed."

They are out of control. I can barely sit still these next 30 days....
Message 6 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Spoke to CFO of the base entity this morning.. told him about these most recent goings-on. He has advised that I not go ape-crazy quite yet, and let him work his magic. He had spoken to his guy-in-the-know at Chase/First USA and basically told them the entire account was their (Camp Lejeune's) mistake and to delete it entirely.
He asked me to give him about 30 days to see this to fruition... if this inside guy at Chase screws around as well and doesn't delete the TL, then he feels BBB/AG/etc notification is appropriate and he will back us up to verify Chase has screwed us royally.
So I'll just hang on a few more days to see what happens with this... if they don't delete the TL, or at minimum revert it to "paid closed" from "paid charge off" and remove the magical 67 90-day late pmts in 2 yrs, the gloves will come off.
On that note, he said something very interesting in light of all the rumors about a Chase/AAFES product in the near future... he said "Our relationship with Chase is almost completely severed, so we don't have as much weight as we used to... Not severed for any negative reasons, just we're ending our business relatinoship with them..." I wonder where this leaves that forever "coming soon" Chase credit card thru AAFES ???

I hope the Chase/AAFES does not happen. As it is, the Star card gets a lot of people in trouble. I have never had a product by Chase but, have read a lot of bad things about them. Put the 2 together and it could cause serious problems.
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Spoke to CFO of the base entity this morning.. told him about these most recent goings-on. He has advised that I not go ape-crazy quite yet, and let him work his magic. He had spoken to his guy-in-the-know at Chase/First USA and basically told them the entire account was their (Camp Lejeune's) mistake and to delete it entirely.

I hope the Chase/AAFES does not happen. As it is, the Star card gets a lot of people in trouble. I have never had a product by Chase but, have read a lot of bad things about them. Put the 2 together and it could cause serious problems.

Sorry Ivy that this is happening. Hopefully you can get it worked out.

Guiness...you must have missed the post about Chase now issuing the new Military Star card. They recently starting issuing them. DH had a c/o with Circuit City, so, you know he won't be applying for it.

Message Edited by stef37 on 04-25-2008 05:43 PM
Message 8 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

OK that scared me. I contacted AAFES and found out that in fact, there is one card called the Military Star Rewards Mastercard. Chase still has nothing to do with the actual Military Star Card.

- You will earn points in the rewards Program when you use your Rewards credit card for purchases. Your Rewards credit card has a dual function that allows you to access two credit card accounts with separate lines of credit - a MasterCard account issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and a Military Stars Private Label account issued by the Exchange Credit Program. This dual credit card is called the Military Starsm Rewards MasterCard.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry Guiness that I didn't clarify that!! I assumed you understood what I meant.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.