Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter to dealership for auto loan inq's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter to dealership for auto loan inq's

Looked under Freq Req Threads & didn't see a letter to send to a car dealership that threw inq's all over while we were auto loan shopping. Does anyone have a link to the letter we should send for this circumstance?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter to dealership for auto loan inq's

I haven't seen the letter, but I think you'd have to contact each individual creditor.

However, for FICO scoring purposes, all inquiries within 45 or 60 days (forgot which) are counted as one inquiry. It is expected that a consumer will rate shop for a better deal. Same goes for a house.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
I haven't seen the letter, but I think you'd have to contact each individual creditor.

However, for FICO scoring purposes, all inquiries within 45 or 60 days (forgot which) are counted as one inquiry. It is expected that a consumer will rate shop for a better deal. Same goes for a house.

I think it supposed to be still 30 days. 45-60 is for the new fico 08 which is not out yet.

Not positive but am pretty sure I saw this on here.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

zman wrote:

llecs wrote:

I think it supposed to be still 30 days. 45-60 is for the new fico 08 which is not out yet.

Not positive but am pretty sure I saw this on here.

You know what?! I don't know. The Credit Education tab above says it was 14 days, then it got changed to 30 days. It also mentions the newer formula as factoring in 45 days. So, either 30 or 45.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

14, 30 or 45 -- depends on which scoring formula (the edition not for which bureaus) the creditor uses....

I'm not sure the creditor knows which edition and what it counts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.