Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letters from Equifax...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the problem and now I need help!

I found the problem! An account went into collections and I never knew about it! I lived in Vegas for a short while and ended up going to urgent care on day. I moved shortly after that. None of my mail for Vegas was every forwarded to my new address in Colorado! Now, a 40.00 bill went into collections. I've already placed a dispute with the equifax and I'm going to contact the urgent care center tomorrow to resolve this. What's my next step? This is the ONLY thing on my credit report that's bugging me! Help!
Message 11 of 15
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

If it's brand new, and only 40.00, chances are you can ar...

If it's brand new, and only 40.00, chances are you can arrange to have it deleted by the collection agency for paying it. The 40.00 isn't worth the effort in disputing if they agree to remove it, IMO.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would definitely try and have that removed. I offe...

Yes, I would definitely try and have that removed. I offered the collection agencies that I owe money to that same deal--I would pay in full in exchange for the debt being removed--but they refused. But since you caught it early, you might have better luck, who knows.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So whio was the letter from? All of the above advice is g...

So whio was the letter from? All of the above advice is great but I would still like to know WHO the letter was actually from.  Just curious if this is another collection tactic. I have never known Eq to send a letter notifying anyone that something is about to be put on their credit report.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I REALLY looked at the letter last night thinking it...

So, I REALLY looked at the letter last night thinking it truly was a scam.  It's from experian, not equifax.  And, the letter stating that 'it' was added to my report.  So, I called experian to tell them about the letter and the 'collection' was recently added in February (or late Jan).

Can you imagine?!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.