Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting everything report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letting everything report.

As you guys know, I am interested in buying a house in 2 years. I have a year to beef up my profile strategically and then on the 1 year mark it's a credit black out. So I was looking at my credit karma account, and on the percentage of on time payments it says 18. 100% of course, but I mostly don't let anything report. I know this number doesn't exactly work into the the final algorithm, but i was thinking this might be something a lender sees. And instead of only letting 1 card report for 2 years adding 24 more on time payments…plus my secured loan. If I let all of my cards report a little something, and then in 2 years I would have 210 at least of on time payments.

Plus...This might keep me in the garden. Negative I don't want to start scaring my CCC with such different behaviors 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letting everything report.

@Anonymous wrote:

As you guys know, I am interested in buying a house in 2 years. I have a year to beef up my profile strategically and then on the 1 year mark it's a credit black out. So I was looking at my credit karma account, and on the percentage of on time payments it says 18. 100% of course, but I mostly don't let anything report. I know this number doesn't exactly work into the the final algorithm, but i was thinking this might be something a lender sees. And instead of only letting 1 card report for 2 years adding 24 more on time payments…plus my secured loan. If I let all of my cards report a little something, and then in 2 years I would have 210 at least of on time payments.

Plus...This might keep me in the garden. Negative I don't want to start scaring my CCC with such different behaviors 

I would not be executing what you propose you will take a large Fico hit for all cards reporting and it doesnt matter if the balance is $1 you still take the same hit, you also will be re buckted downwards into a lower scoring group and that takes months to overcome to get back into the higher scoring bucket you are in now. Creditors can still see what activity you are putting on your cards from the payment amounts that get reported.

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'm confident looking at my own CK entries, that every pretty OK  (note: ON AN OPEN ACCOUNT - CK lameness) is counted for their payment history 

Check next month to see what your number moves to, I'm expecting mine to increase by 11 which is the number of open accounts I have, and I have 254/256 respectively TU/EQ and if I napkin math my currently open accounts from my AAOA spreadsheet: 243.  Close enough for government swag, and I absolutely haven't had balances reporting on all of them.

        
Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was looking at my credit karma account, and on the percentage of on time payments it says 18. 100% of course

That doesn't make any sense.  The percentage of on time payments is 18 but it's 100%?  100% is the percentage.  Is 18 the number of payments?

In any case, pull your report and verify.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty certain it was just a typo for number Tak... being a CK user myself I just read right across that without noticing haha Cat Tongue

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.