Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexis - Nexis Class Action lawsuit settlement

tag
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Lexis - Nexis Class Action lawsuit settlement

I got a postcard in the mail Saturday that said there was a class action lawsuit against Lexis - Nexis and it was in the settlement stage. The basis of the suit was Lexis - Nexis failing to adhere to the standards of a consumer reporting agency like the Big 3. It said you were automatically a member of the class if you had requested a report from Lexis - Nexis and/or attempted to dispute information in their files. Unfortunately it did not say what the effective dates of the action were, i.e. when you had to make the request.

I had ordered a report from them about 18 months ago. But I never got anything about the class action being filed. It said that a settlement between the parties had been reached and a settlement conference was scheduled with the court for 10/13. The payout to the class members was estimated to be $300 each after payment of attorneys fees and costs.

I'm curious if anyone else received this information or if you believe you may be a part of the class and were not notified. I don't have the postcard with me at the moment but there was an 800 phone # to call for info and an attorneys office on the sender address. I'm guessing a Google search will turn up the information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CM1
Valued Member

Re: Lexis - Nexis Class Action lawsuit settlement

I had ordered from them and did not/ have yet recieved any information?  If you do find that attorney number or other information could you pm the info to me? 

Message 2 of 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Lexis - Nexis Class Action lawsuit settlement

I will get the postcard tonight and PM you tomorrow.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.