Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Lock - Any Advantage?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Life Lock - Any Advantage?

Just wondering if there is any real advantage to Life Lock for those of us that monitor credit reports through numerous sources on pretty much a daily basis? I am not necessarily considering LL, however I was just wondering if how many of us within this forum handle our credit monitoring is as good or perhaps even better. Thoughts?
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Life Lock - Any Advantage?

Insurance?

Not the "peace of mind" kind of insurance - the kind that actually pays cash in cases of loss due to identity theft.

I'm not personally a fan of LL... but while the free services do a great job of report monitoring, and that combined with bank/lender alerts can do a great job of the actual monitoring part - they don't generally insure you against loss.

Off the top of my head, of the free services Credit Sesame and the new free Experian service both offer $50k insurance, most (all?) of the others don't.  Some banks/lenders may include some insurance with some of their products.

The paid services generally offer insurance, and at much higher amounts than $50k (both LL and MyFICO offer $1M, although CCT is only $50k).

Note, I'm not saying I think LL is a great idea.  And I didn't sign up with MyFICO for the insurance (didn't start a subscription until Premium started offer the monthly full-score/reports just this month).

But the insurance aspect could be a factor for some.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Life Lock - Any Advantage?

The CEO of Life Lock has had his identity stolen 13 times.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.