Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Line of credit, accept or pass?

what bank?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

pass without a doubt. miserable APR and, as stated, as your credit improves so will the offers. and if you have no need for a LOC don't get it just to see an approval. no reason to get caught up on that this early in your rebuild. you'll end up with too many accounts you don't need
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so muchfor all of the responses. Its through Keybank. I am getting to the point in my rebuilding that I am getting preapproved offers but I want to not just get apprved I would like to get approved with more favorable terms. I would love to have a line of credit just in case of an emergency but that rate didnt sit right with me. For now, I will pass until something better comes along. Just nice to see banks coming after me for a change.

Message 13 of 14
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I'd pass. If you accept it it wouldn't take long before you get tired of seeing a huge chunk of your payment going to interest. Believe me, I know this from experience. 

Keep doing what you need to do to improve your scores and you'll get much better terms in no time, well, maybe just a little time Smiley Wink

Personal:

Business:

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.