Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living in credit "fear"

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: Living in credit "fear"

@Anonymous wrote:

For me, it's not just credit fear - it's "not having any financial stability whatsoever" fear.  I always have to double-check, usually in the restaurant parking lot, that I have enough for the meal if I'm planning on paying with a debit card. I've driven cars with expired tags, so I still get a "uh-oh" kind of feeling when I see a police car as I'm driving in traffic.

For me it was really all tied in with a part of my life where I wasn't taking very good care of myself. Fortunately, I'm not in that position any more.

Y'know,  I think you nailed it for me.  I had a long stretch in life where there was no financial stability.  Now that there is some, it's still hard to get past that self-doubt and fear.

As far as being "spoiled", I'm sorry, but unless you're walking in my shoes, please refrain from name-calling.  You have NO idea what my life is like and why refrigeration and cooking appliances are a necessity for my family that I am willing to take some credit debt on for in the short-term. That sounded very "I walked to school uphill both ways in the snow, barefoot, on broken glass" to me. 

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 11 of 14
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@thankfulheart wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For me, it's not just credit fear - it's "not having any financial stability whatsoever" fear.  I always have to double-check, usually in the restaurant parking lot, that I have enough for the meal if I'm planning on paying with a debit card. I've driven cars with expired tags, so I still get a "uh-oh" kind of feeling when I see a police car as I'm driving in traffic.

For me it was really all tied in with a part of my life where I wasn't taking very good care of myself. Fortunately, I'm not in that position any more.

Y'know,  I think you nailed it for me.  I had a long stretch in life where there was no financial stability.  Now that there is some, it's still hard to get past that self-doubt and fear.

As far as being "spoiled", I'm sorry, but unless you're walking in my shoes, please refrain from name-calling.  You have NO idea what my life is like and why refrigeration and cooking appliances are a necessity for my family that I am willing to take some credit debt on for in the short-term. That sounded very "I walked to school uphill both ways in the snow, barefoot, on broken glass" to me. 

I wasn't referring to cooking and refrigeration.  I find those necessities in life.  New furniture...not so much.

Message 12 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No dining room table yet myself, been in the new house a year.  Just haven't got to it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

We filled our new house with craigslist furniture and stuff bought at places like Habitat For Humanity.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.