cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan denied: is judgment going to appear on report to rent an apartment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan denied: is judgment going to appear on report to rent an apartment?

Loan was denied. LO thought we could push through a judgment. 

Note: it does not appear on my credit reports--they found it through a deeper search (I disclosed it, so it wasn't me hiding it). 

Got my rental report from BEFORE the July 2017 change. It shows this civil judgment (HOA "eviction" is precisely what it is). 

It appears under the credit section of the rental document and not the rental history section. 

Is this going to show up? Want to see before I'm out 100 bucks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Loan denied: is judgment going to appear on report to rent an apartment?

Judgments are not "reported" to the CRAs by furnishers, such as the court, judgment creditor, or debt collector.

They are "found" by the CRAs based on their own commissioned research of public record information, and added to their files.

Thus, it is speculative as to whether or not a judgment will be added to a consumer file.  It depends upon how thorough the search, and whether a given court's records are reviewed.  Minor courts might be missed.

Additionally, the new Naional Consumer Assistance Plan implemented by the CRAs beginning it 2015 includes restrictions on whether judgments or tax liens will be included by the CRAs.  They have agreed not to include a judgment or tax lien unless it includes the name and address of the consumer, and at least the date of birth or SSN.

Additionally, they have agreed to update any posting of judgments or liens at least once every 90 days to ascertain any that might be vacated or otherwise removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.