Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan denied

I applied for a loan on Dec. 19, but was denied because my spouse defaulted on a loan and I was authorized user.  It's already been 30 days, and I still have not received a letter explaining why I was denied.  MY spouse has already removed me as an authorized used, but I need that letter to check if this default still appears on my loan. I had already check my credit 3 months age so I don't qualifty for the free credit report. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Loan denied

just buy a new report?

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Loan denied

I'd call the lender, tell them it's been 30 days, ask them to look up when the letter was sent (ha!), and ask that they send another.

Some lenders seem to be trying to save a few bucks in postage by not sending the letters unless the consumers request it.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.