Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loanme.com

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Loanme.com

Can anyone give me the skinny on this lender? The company popped up on a list. I had got a few calls. So I'd checked them out. One woman, who works there, called me 4 times everyday. It was nuts. I got a red flag of desperation. So I'd asked her not to call me that many times. If I'm not in a position to call you back, then I'm occupied where I can not get back to you. When I tried to call her back, she has no voice mail set up. I'd asked if she could set up one, where we are not playing phone tag. The next day she tells me that she doesn't know how to do it. That was my second red flag. After that crazy drama. They want your bank account information. that was fine, because that is how most are able to send the loan amount. BUT, they want my account number and password. Lol. Okay. After that phase, they want your entire summary from January to verify that you've had the account for a few months. I'd declined. I'm curious to anyone's experience dealing with this lender. If not that, someone can give me their own observation. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loanme.com

Yes, I see lots of red flags as well.  Googling reviews seems to be mixed.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out their site. I can't imagine there's not better options out there for even the worst credit. Their prime loan option (740+ score) gets you a 9.9% interest loan...ok, but what's up with the 15% fee. Let me get this straight...take out a $10000 loan at 9.9% and only receive $8500 of it? Huh!
Message 3 of 10
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Lol. Exactly. They take out a fee, that you're going to be obligated to pay. This company is a ripoff/scam. I'd read several of the riviews. 99.9 percent of them are not good. 

Message 4 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

They don't need your username / password, I'd be skeptical this is actually them, also that's a pretty crazy advertising / marketing method, that wasn't in place as of the two or so years ago I worked there but maybe they changed.  For the record, if anyone asks you for user/pw of your bank account, regardless of who the lender is, you say no.

I used to work for them and their sister companies when they were deep subprime only, guess they've tried to move on to a higher tier of borrower looking at those loan terms.  As for the fee, this company's loans used well are paid off right quickly as a short term loan, and their first payment default rate used to be obscenely high so between those two factors doesn't surprise me it's part of their revenue structure still.

That said I still get mailers from them as I once borrowed from the original company back when I was first starting to tack on an installment loan, if I knew then what I did now, I would've used a different option.

        
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sound a lot like Avant to me. Back when I was just starting rebuilding, I tried Avant out to see what sort of terms they would offer me. They came back with 36% APR or something like that on, IIRC, a $3500 loan quote, and I went "thanks, but no thanks!" and ran away from them as far as I could!

Message 6 of 10
legacys7
Regular Contributor

It's the same company. I'd checked to make sure that it's not a bogus company. I know that it's easy to do. You can also read the reviews about this company from people who have borrowed from them. It's crazy the sh@t that they had went through to borrow and pay that loan back. Update. Three days ago, I declined the loan, after I'd refused to give them a summary of my Jan. bank statement. Their claimed reason for wanting it, was to see if I had the account more than 3 to4  months. I had this account for 14 yrs. But I already sensed that it was for something totally different. So after ending that conversation, they had done something that I'd predicted. And that was, calling me back the next day with a change of heart. Suddenly, they didn't need the summary and were willing to give me the loan. I have desire to deal with shady companies and people. 
@Revelate wrote:

They don't need your username / password, I'd be skeptical this is actually them, also that's a pretty crazy advertising / marketing method, that wasn't in place as of the two or so years ago I worked there but maybe they changed.  For the record, if anyone asks you for user/pw of your bank account, regardless of who the lender is, you say no.

I used to work for them and their sister companies when they were deep subprime only, guess they've tried to move on to a higher tier of borrower looking at those loan terms.  As for the fee, this company's loans used well are paid off right quickly as a short term loan, and their first payment default rate used to be obscenely high so between those two factors doesn't surprise me it's part of their revenue structure still.

That said I still get mailers from them as I once borrowed from the original company back when I was first starting to tack on an installment loan, if I knew then what I did now, I would've used a different option.

Message 7 of 10
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Somewhat similar. But there's a major difference. Avant's rates varies per credit score. I have a loan with them. So they're flexible and don't ask for crazy things that Loanme wants you to go through to get a loan. I'd never had to give out my bank account, minus the routing number and bank account number

@Anonymous wrote:

They sound a lot like Avant to me. Back when I was just starting rebuilding, I tried Avant out to see what sort of terms they would offer me. They came back with 36% APR or something like that on, IIRC, a $3500 loan quote, and I went "thanks, but no thanks!" and ran away from them as far as I could!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea the thing with the password is just plain crazy. When I originally read your post I thought it must be some kind of misunderstanding. Who would ask for acct no and password and actually expect someone to give it out. Having just crawled out of my circa 1962 fallout shelter I might not know what an acct password is but I certainly wouldn't want give mine out.

...so have they called you back yet with an even better super fantastic deal.
Message 9 of 10
legacys7
Regular Contributor

I've read a review where a guy who reviewed this company or similar, who requested similar information, They tell you that they do it for confirmation purposes. But I know better than that. They are probing your account via activities and seeing if you are going to be reliable and your source of income. Another way of securing an unsecured loan. Pathetic. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea the thing with the password is just plain crazy. When I originally read your post I thought it must be some kind of misunderstanding. Who would ask for acct no and password and actually expect someone to give it out. Having just crawled out of my circa 1962 fallout shelter I might not know what an acct password is but I certainly wouldn't want give mine out.

...so have they called you back yet with an even better super fantastic deal.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.