Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local CU did a HP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local CU did a HP.

I had an account with a local CU from 3 years ago. It was a joint account.  Nobody applied for anything or did anything different there but there is an HP on my report from this year that  I am hoping that I can dispute.

I want my name off the account. Do I take it off before or after the dispute?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Local CU did a HP.

After the dispute. But contact the CU asap, the other person on the joint account could have applied for credit jointly, so you both got a HP and the credit account would be in both your names.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I assume that the account is still active, and that you are still named as a party on the account?

If so, it is likely a coding error, in that the pull was likely an internal account review that, if properly coded, should have been soft per CRA policy.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a hard pull last year from a credit union when I wanted to open a checking account.  Dumb thing is, I never openned the account because I could never get a hold of the service agent who was to set it up.

Hard pull for nothing at all.  =(

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.