cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Experian backdoor. Could it be that I used it too often?

tag
duckSF
Established Member

Locked out of Experian backdoor. Could it be that I used it too often?

It's been more than a week I'm not able to backdoor Experian. I called them and the rep had no clue why. I even got a new report throught mail but still no lock. Before this happened I had mailed in a dispute so I was checking the backdoor multiple times a day waiting for the dispute to show. I think some days I checked over a dozen times. Could that be the reason? Is there a way out of this now or am I never going to be able to backdoor them again?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: Locked out of Experian backdoor. Could it be that I used it too often?

The same EXACT thing happened to me a few weeks back. The first two reps didn't know why and both sent me a new reports that I could not use to access the backdoor.

FINALLY a third rep figured it out: someone with a different name, but almost exact same SS (except the last 4 digits) kept entering their info wrong -- using their name, but my SS. This locked us both out. The rep fixed it and I was able to get into the back door, but now I'm locked out again! I don't feel like calling back and going through it all over again, so I'm letting it go.

Message 2 of 17
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Just curious, what is the Experian backdoor for?

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 3 of 17
H4LO
Established Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

Vewing an updated report + soft pulls.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 4 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

used it for SP ...since Quizzle left EX for EQ I am out as well Smiley Sad  ..EX does not offer me online access only paper reports so I also let it go

Message 5 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

http://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 17
H4LO
Established Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

I thought it was 

https://www.experian.com/view

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 7 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

I thought it was 

https://www.experian.com/view

You can get to the same page with the link i put up Smiley Happy Put an X in Check the Status of an Existing Dispute if you have a report #

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 17
duckSF
Established Member

That explains a lot... I recently changed my name so that could be it. Although I wasnt expecting it to be reported yet...

Message 9 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@duckSF wrote:

That explains a lot... I recently changed my name so that could be it. Although I wasnt expecting it to be reported yet...

That is the reason

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.