cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term fraud alert - chase & amex cards taken off all three reports!!!

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Long term fraud alert - chase & amex cards taken off all three reports!!!

@Obt3wKLq5t wrote:

!@#$, creditkarma showing a 40 point drop because of this!!!  

I just dropped a EECB (executive email carpet bomb) to all three bureaus.  I won't take no for an answer, not when its their fault.

But since those scores are useless what does it matter? Your FICO could easily have moved in the opposite direction.

Never, ever rely on any FAKO score for reliability or accuracy.

Message 11 of 15
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

I understand the difference between fico and fako but they should be relatively close.  That 40 points sounds about right even in FICO terms, basically there are several factors that are affected by this.

By taking all 5 Amex records and 6 Citi records, they effectively:

1. shrink my credit history by 3 years as my earlist cards are Amex and Citi.  Next available record is 3 years later.

2. bring my utilization to 0% as 90% of my spending is on those cards

3. lower my average age by 2 years

So while the scores are useless, it is an effective way to guage what the damage was.

American Express SPG, Chase Freedom, Citi Forward, Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover More, Penfed Platinum Rewards, Kohls
Message 12 of 15
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

I got Experian and Equifax taken care of.  Equifax was fast, done within couple of days.  Experian took couple of letters and three phone calls but it was relatively painless comparing to Transunion.  Both Equifax and Experian only "block" the accounts.  It sounds like Transunion erased and deleted the accounts completely so they don't even see it in their system at all.  

Transunion is now requiring me to get a letter from Amex and Citi listing out the exact accounts with the exact details that I want to restore, including the closed ones.  I'm having a hell of a time getting Amex or Citi to do that.   Another problem is, it sounds like Amex and Citi is doing their monthly reporting still according to Experian and Equifax so Transunion's system didn't seem to pick that up.  Should I just let it go?  Didn't sound like many banks use Transunion anyway.

American Express SPG, Chase Freedom, Citi Forward, Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover More, Penfed Platinum Rewards, Kohls
Message 13 of 15
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

Got it taken care of.  Transunion finally call me back after several emails sent to their executives.  I guess it was not deleted afterall.  It was just a tactic used to get me off their backs.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phew! Glad you were abe to get it all sorted out

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.