Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For Help In Raising My Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking For Help In Raising My Credit Score

Hello,

I am very new and trying to find away to get a "quick" rise in my score if possible. I am looking to purchase a home in about 60-90 days. So i am pressed for time. I have a total secured card 300 limit. When it first reported it reported at 51% utilization. My first payment is due 01/01/16 and i have since paid it down to $20. I also applied for a Cap one secured card. I just received the email that it was being mailed today. Any recommendations for me? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking For Help In Raising My Credit Score

Hi there OP and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

I have created a new thread for you on this. I have changed the title and left everything else intact. You can edit the title if you wish by going to the Options box in the upper right hand corner of your post and selecting edit post from the drop down menu.

Message 2 of 4
Aahz
Established Contributor

Are those the only things on your reports?  If so, your only real hope is to get an increase in the credit lines on those cards without any hard pulls.  I don't know enough about secured cards to know if that's possible or not.

If there are more than just those two tradlines on your reports then we'd need to know the full details in order to offer any advice.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's too late if your timeframe is that short.  There are never quick fixes with credit.  At this stage you definitely do not want to open any new accounts or incur hard pulls.  As stated above, CLI's based on soft pulls and micromanaging your reported revolving utilization are your best bets.  Make sure you know when the card reports and pay down the balance prior to report date with time for the payment to clear.

@Anonymous wrote:

I also applied for a Cap one secured card.

When?  Stop applying.  You're incurring hard pulls, reducing your AAoA and adding to recent credit seeking activity in general.  Typical advice is do not do this for 6 months to 1 year prior to a mortgage.  It really depends on credit profile but if you're stuck with secured cards and need higher scores then you should probably follow that advice.

@Aahz wrote:

I don't know enough about secured cards to know if that's possible or not.

OP may be able to increase the security deposit to increase the limit.

However, paying down the balance prior to report date will also reduce the reported revolving utilization.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.