Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Letter to CAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Letter to CAs

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a sample letter to send to all of the 3 CAs.  Verizon sent me a letter stating they would remove negative credit items on my credit report. They also stated in the letter they sent electronic message to all of the agencies.

I want to send a copy of this letter to all the 3 CAs.  I disputed a few items on my report and had them removed, but this dang Verizon bill will not go away.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Letter to CAs

They won't do anything if YOU send it in. They want it from the source.

I've been having this same problem with NCO and TU. The letter from NCO is from May and after 2 tries with NCO and 3 disputes with the letter, it's still there.

Equifax MIGHT investigate it but it seems like the other two won't at all unless it comes from the source.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks EddieX,

Looks like I will need to do a dispute asking them to give proof of the debt.  If I do that and Verizon has no debt listed for me, that should help.

This is the first I have dealt with them not removing something.  One of the CAs listed it as unrated account.  How does that effect your score?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you fax a letter to each CRA and a copy of the letter Verizon sent you. Then in a day or 2 call in and ask to speak to a supervisor. This worked with a letter from NCO with TU. The lady I spoke with actually called NCO and verified they wanted to remove the TL and the next day it was off my report. This SHOULD work with all 3 CRAs.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70,

thanks my friend!  I will do just that. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.