Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for best Credit Union for 3k loan

tag
Mario4
New Contributor

Looking for best Credit Union for 3k loan

I have a good but short credit history 2+ years, with about 3k debt. Looking for a consolidation loan to pay it off with a smaller monthly payment. I dont want to go with a consumer finance loan.. My credit is perfect except for the debt.

Ive been declined by 2 banks.. whats funny is you cant get a debt consolidation loan if you have a lot of debt.. its so ridiculous.. 

I live in New Jersey and im looking for a credit union that will approve me for a 3k pesonal,debt consolidation loan. Possibly that will let me being in my own repoort.. show them my income and ability to pay on time. have never had a missed payment on any of my 7 credit cards. 

I know the situation im in and ive considered all options. Im not looking for advice.. just suggestions for a place that will approve me. 

my 3 scores are 640-670, THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for best Credit Union for 3k loan

@Mario4 wrote:

I have a good but short credit history 2+ years, with about 3k debt. Looking for a consolidation loan to pay it off with a smaller monthly payment. I dont want to go with a consumer finance loan.. My credit is perfect except for the debt.

Ive been declined by 2 banks.. whats funny is you cant get a debt consolidation loan if you have a lot of debt.. its so ridiculous.. 

I live in New Jersey and im looking for a credit union that will approve me for a 3k pesonal,debt consolidation loan. Possibly that will let me being in my own repoort.. show them my income and ability to pay on time. have never had a missed payment on any of my 7 credit cards. 

I know the situation im in and ive considered all options. Im not looking for advice.. just suggestions for a place that will approve me. 

^^^^

Credit unions tend to be conservative. Score ranges of 640-670 can make CU's think twice about loaning a this range, especially if you have no relationship history with them. That's the challenge. It's a viscious cycle because those that need a low rate loan the most have a hard time getting it whereas those with top tier credit can easily get it but don't need it. Suggest any local credit union and see how it goes if you must try a credit union.

Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Mario4 wrote:

http://www.creditcardconnection.org/cu-finder/state/NJ

Message 3 of 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@Mario4 wrote:

^^^^

Credit unions tend to be conservative. Score ranges of 640-670 can make CU's think twice about loaning a this range, especially if you have no relationship history with them. That's the challenge. It's a viscious cycle because those that need a low rate loan the most have a hard time getting it whereas those with top tier credit can easily get it but don't need it. Suggest any local credit union and see how it goes if you must try a credit union.

Agreed.  My credit union BECU gave me a car loan and a credit card...

6 months after I opened an account with them on the CC and a year for the car loan.  They most certainly didn't do anything the same day... except tell me to come back in 6 months when my scores were higher.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.