Looking for daily credit report pulls monitoring service

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for daily credit report pulls monitoring service

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use Credit Check Total.  You get one three-bureau pull from them each day.  I often see changes there before I get MyFico alerts. 

Appears legit and is operated by Experian. The score is a FAKO, but the reports themselves are likely decent. Price seems reasonable too, and may be negotiable.

I really wish MyFICO offered daily report pulls for all three bureaus along with daily score updates (even if that part was just from one of them) at the $24.95 price-point. I'd sign up in a heartbeat. In the meantime, that site you mentioned appears promising for those seeking daily 3 bureau reports.

a few people i have seen said that their FAKO scores differ from their FICO, but mine are dead even. so YMMV apparently..

Absolutely the exception and not the rule. FAKO's use a different algorithm to calculate score

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Credit Secure offers daily three bureau pulls, but it provides only a PLUS score. I do use it, then get my actual FICO elsewhere. Let's me see the details which enables me I interpret the fico I get elsewhere.

I am currently using both experian and myfico (Equifax) to get a daily fico. Will probably drop amex and myfico soon and stick with experian. Experian gives my experian report daily too.

I don't really need 3 bureau scores right now. Experian should be my lowest score (most HP) so in future I will probably use just that. Going to wait until my PRG posts later this month to see the impact of that, then cancel Amex/my fico and just monitor experian.
Message 12 of 19
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Score shown on Experian is FICO 8 (from what I've read, used to be a FAKO, but that changed awhile back), but the Credit Check Total service mentioned by the OP, while operated by Experian, at least according to their information page, shows a different type of score - not FICO 8.

If Credit Check Total score is really a FICO 8 score, that would be fantastic.

It's not. They provide a PLUS score that is not used by any lenders.

OK am I looking at a different site? Is this one the right one? I am not sure if it is legit, but it is also ran by Experian but it says specifically that it is Fico 8 scores and you can check it daily......is it too good to be true? https://www.creditchecktotal.com/

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Correct, they provide all 3 reports and FICO scores (08), 3 times a month and it is $30.00 a month.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're looking at the right one. CCT very recently changed for the better. Scores are now FICOs. Nice reports presentation, and more rapid monitoring.

Message 15 of 19
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I buy daily reporting directly from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. You can pull a new report each day and track changes from day to day. The report from Experian also gives you your daily FICO Experian score. Equifax updated precisely at midnight and you can pull a fresh report then. Experian usually updates at 3 a.m. and TransUnion updates 24 hours from the last time you pulled the report.

Overkill? Perhaps, but I stopped daily monitoring last June and a tax lien was reported. I did not even know about it for until November when I resumed daily monitoriing. It took months to get the matter resolved and the lien properly removed. 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that AAA offers ProtectMyID Essential with my membership and Navy Federal Credit Union offers Equifax Bronze Shield for $2 month, Gold Shield $6 month, and Platinum Shield $9 month discounts for members. I also have the Capital One credit tracker.

Are there any other memberships, cards, banks, credit unions that offer free or discounts reports, scores, or monitoring?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to subscribe to a place that allowed daily  3 CRA pulls.  I forgot the name.

I bought myfico monitoring and was surprised I got one credit report period.

is there any place that allows daily or at least monthly 3 CRA pulls?

thanks.

Just a curious question, why would you need daily CR pulls?

I subscribe to the 3 CRA's on here for 24.95 a month and it is updated within 2-3 days when I sign up for a new card etc.

Plus, I am still surprised by how many people don't know, but your credit score doesn't normally change for months unless you are hard pulling or forgetting payments.

It doesn't fluctuate like stock on a daily basis.

I am only saying this because that is what I used to think.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO 3 Bureau service only provides full reports once per year. That's a huge limitation, because scores alone don't show the entire picture. Daily full reports is probably excessive, but at least once per month is worthwhile for most. CCT allows full report viewing of the big 3 at no extra cost 3X per month.

On a related note, MyFICO score triggers are limited to certain activities. Scores themselves change more frequently than what many MyFICO subscribers realize resulting in much confusion when a trigger occurs, and suddenly one sees bizarre changes that make little sense, such as scores seemingly increase due to a HP. In reality, other changes also occurred, such as aoaa, baddies falling off, etc, but not shown until the trigger (ie. HP) occurred.

CCT provides monitoring, but also goes one step further and refreshes scores every so often regardless of changes; less surprises, and eliminates much of the confusion caused by triggers.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.