Did you mean: 

Looking to correct my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to correct my credit report

Hello all!

I need some help, maybe a referral:

I have been a good borrower for quite some time now.  However, in the past I have had defaulted student loans and rehabilitated them.  When I did so, I was promised by West Asset Management that they would remove $15K in fees.  Problem is they will no longer talk to me, and when I talk to Dept of Ed they tell me I need to talk to West Asset Mgmt.  Good thing I have these clowns on tape when thay made those promises...

Anyway to make a long story short; I pulled my credit record and I see quite a few student loans reporting incorrectly.  I came out of default a few months ago, and they still show as default.  Some of them are duplicates covered under a consolidation.  I guess your average mess.

My question is, can anyone recommend a service or an organization that can help me straighten out the messes like broken promises by credit management agencies and correcting the inaccuracies on my record.  I have tried to dispute entries, but al I end up with after 30 days is a letter stating that the disputed item was reported accurately.   When I look at my record my head starts spinning. I know to steer clear of the fly-by-night credit clean up spammers, but I know that I would more than likely benefit from working with a professional rather than continuing to battle it myself.

Hopefully someone here can recommend a bonafide agency/organization/professional.

TIA!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to correct my credit report

Your best advocate will be YOU!  You may need a consumer attorney however the AGs of both your state and the one in their state can be of great help.

I would not dispute with the CRAs - just sent a letter givening them five business days to correct the misreporting or you will take any steps you feel are necessary to enforce your agreement.

BTW - are you sur ethat is a 'legal' recording?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to correct my credit report

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just read your post.  I recently signed an agreement with Financial Asset Management and have entered into their rehabilitation program until May '08.  Is this a common practice among these asset management companies?

If so, outside of getting something in writing-what would you advise be done to prevent this from happening?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.