Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like no DCU membership after all now:(

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Looks like no DCU membership after all now:(

So applied just for membership yesterday and everything went thru fine, funded my checking and savings account. The guy said that if they need anything else ill get an email.  Got an email stating they only needed a copy of my DL which had my address in it. I promptly sent it over. This morning I get another email saying now they want proof of util bill with my address. I told them yesterday that everything I have bill wise has my PO box and I don't pay the utilities. The guy yesterday said not a problem, just need DL. So, since I couldn't supply a util bill and they wouldn't take my car registration showing addy, I canceled the membership and asked for a full refund of everything AND the HP inquiry deleted. So bummed!!!  Oh well.... On a better note... NASA FCU went thru with flying colors and didn't request anything more from me. Maybe next yr when I move to a different apt, ill try again for membership with DCU and be able to show proof of a util bill with my name and addy . Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Looks like no DCU membership after all now:(

Instead of a util bill I just sent them a bank statement that had my address of it. My DL address is old so they wanted my up to date address proved to them. I have to admit I do like DCU so far but the process to get new accounts set up/membership is kind of a pain.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Oh really now 

SMH

SMH

No comment Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LMAO MJ!!! Seriously, for the longest time I didn't know what "SMH" meant, lol!!! Then when I found out I was like "lmao!!!l why don't people just say "lmao"? Smiley Wink

Oh, and MJ... Technically I'm still a spade because DCU sent EQ notice to delete the HPSmiley Wink lol!!!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is in my GF's name. All I had to provide was a copy of my checking account statement and copy of passport (I dont have DL).

A month later, I applied for the CC and the only additional information I needed to supply was paystub for income verification.

Message 5 of 8
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

hey guys

I live in CT

i am thinking I should not have any issue with DCU membership

?

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 6 of 8
sebonne1
Valued Member

Yesterday I applied and got my member number and so far no emails requesting anything.  My roommate pays for utilities so I will submit bank statement or cell phone bill if they ask.

Starting Score:9/2013 630
Current Score: 2/2015 myFICO scores: EQ 730 EX 734 TU 734
Goal Score: 760

:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Pizza1

I live in CT

will that be an issue?

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.