Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost my Fico score

Hi , I moved to Europe 6 and a half years ago, and upon my return I was informed that I no longer had a Fico score.  Prior to my moving to Europe I had a mortgage on my house, car loans, and even US credit cards.  I cannot say that my payment history was perfect, but none the less I never had trouble getting a loan or a card if it was needed.    The first week back I went to buy a car and was told that I would have to be placed in secondary finance due to the fact I had no score.   I bit the bullet and bought the car and took the loan, now I am trying to figure out how to get my credit life back on track.  I have money in a savings account and would like to buy a house and get a credit card or two again, and using my French Credit cards here costs me huge money on the conversion (though the euro is much stronger than the dollar) and bank fees.    So at this time I am very reluctant to do anything, yet there is a need to establish and maintain the Fico score.  What can you suggest if anything?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost my Fico score

Maybe you can have your old accounts start reporting again?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost my Fico score

Everyone I have talked to on the finance side of life, aknowledged that yes I had credit before, and that yes all was paid as agreed (I have even seen the reports) but they can,t do anything until I get a fico socre re-established and reported, which they say could take a long time.   In the mean time they suggested I apply for credit cards that are for people with bad credit, and I'm afraid if I do that then I will be viewd and looked at as a bad credit risk.    As well no US institution will consider the fact that I have a mortagage on my house in France and have never missed a payment on it, or credit cards.  I spoke to American Express whom I had an account with years ago, and they said they could not re-establish anything until I could get a score, even on a secured basis.  Also AMEX said that even though I have an AMEX account in France, that is France and not the US.   So much for the world getting smaller. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.