Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Passport and SSN....

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Lost my Passport and SSN....

Not sure if its on the right forum but as the title says I have lost my ssn and passport, my passport doesnt worry as much since it was due to expire this october bu tmy SSN is a different story I recently threw away a messenger bag and an old suit that were teraing apart and after gertting rid og them I double checked to make sure any imoportant docs were being thrown away as well. Its been about 1 week and I cant seem to find my SSN card my last hope is looking in my sisters car since Ive been driving it the past 2 weeks, if I dont find it can should I do??

EDIT: sorry about the typos

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost my Passport and SSN....

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Not sure if its on the right forum but as the title says I have lost my ssn and passport, my passport doesnt worry as much since it was due to expire this october bu tmy SSN is a different story I recently threw away a messenger bag and an old suit that were teraing apart and after gertting rid og them I double checked to make sure any imoportant docs were being thrown away as well. Its been about 1 week and I cant seem to find my SSN card my last hope is looking in my sisters car since Ive been driving it the past 2 weeks, if I dont find it can should I do??

EDIT: sorry about the typos

^^^^

Well the SS card is lost and you have to assume you SS# is floating around out there and someone will try to open credit in your name and have the crad sent to a different addrrss.

What to do? Protect yourself, your credit report, your identity. There are many credit protection services, for example, I use lifelock and lets me know when someone applies for credit in my name. Also consider placing a fraud alert or freeze on your credit file (if you do not plan to apply for credit anytime soon), and watch the credit file for at least a year.

Message 2 of 6
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Make a police report ASAP if documents aren't found.!

Message 3 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Ok im currently signe dup with EQ.com, AND if I were to not find it can I get a new SSN or just a new SSN card with the same number.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 4 of 6
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

New card same number its very easy to obtain a new card.

Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

SO technically I need to now monitor my credit which I am with Equifax.com. But I also need to monitor my identity youdontkillmoney uses LifeLock is this the best one for identity?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.