Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low Credit Score

Hello Community.  I have low credit scores floating around 600 that I am really trying to bring up.  It seems there is more negative reporting than postive reporting despite my efforts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can really boost my credit score in a big way without too much time passing?

Thank You

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low Credit Score

Your description leaves out all of the infomation needed to make a educated response, specifically what is good and what is bad, be specific as to creditor payment history, age of account, current staus, how long at the current status, previous attempts to dispute etc.

The way your asking it is like calling the Dr and saying I'm sick help me get better..

I havent seen a report I couldnt bring the score up at least 75 points in 90 days, but I do ask a lot of questions before I look at them.

Message 2 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Community.  I have low credit scores floating around 600 that I am really trying to bring up.  It seems there is more negative reporting than postive reporting despite my efforts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can really boost my credit score in a big way without too much time passing?

Thank You

Reading your comment, I am thinking that your credit report is full of negatives i.e, late student loans, charge off, collection, medical collection, etc?

I assume you have a light profile? meaning your credit history is short? If you have have more negative out weighing the good, you need to reverse that and start showing positive payment history, the sooner the better. That is the only way you are going to have time on your side by being the deciding factor on your credit score. 

We would need more information as the comment before me indicated, too. Pull a free copy of your credit report at the free credit report yearly website and see what your report looks like. The way a Credit Report is broken down, you will understand the peices and get a good understanding of where needs improvements. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Without more detail all we can say is that derogs tend to have a major impact and hold one's scores down as long as they are reporting.  Carefully research in the Rebuilding subofurm and see what you can do to address them.  I say "carefully" because it is possible to make matters worse in some cases.

If you want to effecitvely improve your credit and scores then tackle the biggest slices first:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Derogs imact Payment History.  Revolving utilization falls under Amounts Owed.  Most of the other factors just take time and responsible usage to build.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can really boost my credit score in a big way without too much time passing?

Building/rebuilding is a long, slow process so be prepared and don't expect quick fixes.  Once you get things sorted out make sure your Payment History is 100%.  You cannot have any lates or other derogs.  Do whatever it takes to avoid derogs in future.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.