Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI State Tax Lien - WITHDRAWAL SUCCESS!! UPDATED

tag
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

Re: State Tax Lien Question???

I just wanted to share my experience on the federal level. I had a similar situation. I bring this up relating specifically to the required notifications required. I never received any either. As it turns out, the letters were sent (even certified), but I never received them because they were sent to the address in the other state. So they have on record that the letters were sent. Apparently it doesn't matter that I never received them, only that they attempted to notify me. It might be the same situation for your state return.

Message 11 of 14
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: State Tax Lien Question???

@hawaii-girl wrote:

I just wanted to share my experience on the federal level. I had a similar situation. I bring this up relating specifically to the required notifications required. I never received any either. As it turns out, the letters were sent (even certified), but I never received them because they were sent to the address in the other state. So they have on record that the letters were sent. Apparently it doesn't matter that I never received them, only that they attempted to notify me. It might be the same situation for your state return.

Yes, that is true. If the letters were sent and an attempt was made then it does not qualify. However, Federal taxes have a forgiveness program and can be removed. Not sure if they have to be paid in full or can be negotiated for a percentage of debt since I never had to deal with the federal level.

However, at the state level it is a different story and in my case, there were at least 3 required letters that were never sent that were required.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MI State Tax Lien - WITHDRAWAL SUCCESS!! UPDATED

I have 2 state of Michigan paid tax liens on my credit report and I want to remove them.  Michigan says I that they won't fall off for 7 years.  These are impacting my credit greatly.  What do I do to remove these?

Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MI State Tax Lien - WITHDRAWAL SUCCESS!! UPDATED

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 state of Michigan paid tax liens on my credit report and I want to remove them.  Michigan says I that they won't fall off for 7 years.  These are impacting my credit greatly.  What do I do to remove these?

You would have to get the entity that recorded them to withdraw them.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.