Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND Reporting differently

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MIDLAND Reporting differently

Hi,

I looked at my credit reoprt and it showed on one that Midland was a line of credit with one month term and owing 3200, the OC was FCNB Spiegel.  Under spiegel/FCNB it states sold/transferred. 
The other credit reports from my fico showed collections.  Needless to say the first CRA (experian) showed a decrease of over 100 points and the other two about 40.  I diputed with exp online and sent a DV letter to Midland.  My SOL is not up but I felt because FCNB went out of business it would be hard for them to verify.  I never received any communication from Midland before the info was put on my reports.  Next step?  Help and thanks

trying to clean it up
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MIDLAND Reporting differently

I'm helping a friend with his CRs, he has the same situation. We disputed the FCNB account and it was deleted from all reports. The Midland account on EX is showing as yours, open, 120 days late. His is past SOL and is to fade to oblivion by mid '08 so we're letting it ride for now.
GL
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at your EX or TU CR.....will stay on CR until.....month/ year     do not go by what CA says.

In your DV  did you ask for validation that they OWNED the account?

Also  what is you SOL and what is the DOFD or DOLA  reported by OC?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 12:38 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for helping, My last reported delinquency on equifax is Sept 05, and on TU sept 05, and last reported on EX says transferred to another lender it now show as agreed balance 0 but did say last delinquency was 12/05. I used the form posted on the very helpful forum.  It asked for the proof that I signed a contract with them as well as the contract from oc. I did not receive the GC back yet but know they received the CMRRR on the 7th of Feb

tryingtocleanup
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MIDLAND Reporting differently/card processing center

Hi,
thanks for the help Now I am not sure who the OC is.  On my report it says card processing center.  After a bit of investigation I now wonder if card processing center (out of bethpage ny) is also a CA, I thought that FCNB was card processing center, now I am not sure. If my CR says CO on it could that also be a CA or must it only be a OC. I DV'd Midland and but never did anything with card processing center. My debt was made in NY but I now reside in FL.

Thanks,
Trying to clean it up
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.