Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOV?

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

MOV?

I contacted TransUnion and asked how they investigated my dispute. Here is what they indicated in the letter:

1. They contact the company who provided them the information using either mail, phone or electronically.
2. They inform them of my complaint and inquire if the information they reported is right.

Thats it. It does not indicate who they talk to, the number and their address. NO nothing. Just a "general policy"

Is this an acceptable MOV?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MOV?

NO IMO it is not an answer. That is the same answer that I received on my MOV. I copied & changed this letter from this site.

Make changes where needed ( I reworded mind to fit a MOV)

I am going to post the complete post:

They send that letter out to everyone who disputes a "previously verified" item. Why they haven't been hung out to dry yet I don't know, but that letter flagrantly ignores the law. §611 is quite clear even to a layman.

--

611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

In your letter ask them to comply with this section of the FCRA and to tell you with whom they verified their information.

IE - What method they are using to verify. also name, address, phone number and person spoke to..etc

--

Example letter:

FCRA Section 611(a)(1)(A)clearly states that upon receipt of a dispute Experian is to perform an investigation. Oviously, this did not hold true of my dispute of xx date. On xx date I received notice from Experian that my dispute had been "previously investigated". According to the FCRA, this is not an option.

Because of your blatant disregard for the FCRA, I am demanding that the disputed tradelines be deleted from my credit report. I am guaranteed, by law, that you will report with 100% accuracy and that any account I dispute will be investigated. You have proven that this cannot be done.

You now have 5 days from your receipt of this letter to remove the previously disputed accounts from my credit report. Be advised, that my attorney has in his possession all the letters and supporting documentation regarding this matter. If the accounts in question are not deleted he will file suit in Federal Court.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.