Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Fico scores

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

MY Fico scores

Mods please move if not in the right forum.

Can anyone tell me when in the month you should buy your scores from here? My last bill is due on the 28th of the month if that helps.

Thanks!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: MY Fico scores

@ronstar7 wrote:

Can anyone tell me when in the month you should buy your scores from here? My last bill is due on the 28th of the month if that helps.

Thanks!

The best time is when you have low util. reported on your CR. and after the first of the month. It's also a good idea to get your score after inquires past the 1 year mark

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

Can anyone tell me when in the month you should buy your scores from here? 

For what purpose?  Are you looking to apply for something and wanting the highest score possible?  It's not just a specific point in any given month that would matter.  You'd want to pull when the last account has reported a lowered balance.  Check your reporting dates and use that as a reference.

If you're looking for something else from your scores then you need to clarify.  If you're just checking up on your scores then you can pull them any time.

@ronstar7 wrote:

Due dates generally are not relevant.  Most cards report at statement end which is why the recommendation to adjust reported utilization involves paying prior to statement end.  If you have cards that report at other times then you need to take that into consideration.

Message 3 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Can anyone tell me when in the month you should buy your scores from here? 

For what purpose?  Are you looking to apply for something and wanting the highest score possible?  It's not just a specific point in any given month that would matter.  You'd want to pull when the last account has reported a lowered balance.  Check your reporting dates and use that as a reference.

If you're looking for something else from your scores then you need to clarify.  If you're just checking up on your scores then you can pull them any time.

@ronstar7 wrote:

Due dates generally are not relevant.  Most cards report at statement end which is why the recommendation to adjust reported utilization involves paying prior to statement end.  If you have cards that report at other times then you need to take that into consideration.

No not looking for anythng in particular just wanted to keep track for general purposes. Wasnt sure, as I know some people pull every month while others dont and some pull begnning and end of month so I wanted to know if there was any rhyme or reason to it. 

Thank you for your response!

UTL 7%
Message 4 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Thanks!

The best time is when you have low util. reported on your CR. and after the first of the month. It's also a good idea to get your score after inquires past the 1 year mark

Sound advice, thank you, after I get utl down currently at 42% I will probably pull every second week. 

Thank you for your response!

UTL 7%
Message 5 of 7
MT936
Established Contributor

buy it after you have paid your balances off and the creditors have received the payment, the key is to be in low utilization %

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 6 of 7
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

buy it after you have paid your balances off and the creditors have received the payment, the key is to be in low utilization %

Will do, thank you!

UTL 7%
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.