cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYFico's TU score and what you're doing about it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MYFico's TU score and what you're doing about it.

@llecs wrote:

To confuse things, there is also TU08 out there (same as on Wal-Mart's free FICO service). TU08 was created in 2008-2009. TU08 is newer than TU04. Would this make TU04 outdated? Chronologically speaking, yes, but nobody uses TU08. Is TU08 outdated instead?

Smiley Surprised I did not know that NO ONE uses the FICO® that Wal-Mart gives out for free. Smiley Surprised 

Message 11 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

To confuse things, there is also TU08 out there (same as on Wal-Mart's free FICO service). TU08 was created in 2008-2009. TU08 is newer than TU04. Would this make TU04 outdated? Chronologically speaking, yes, but nobody uses TU08. Is TU08 outdated instead?

Smiley Surprised I did not know that NO ONE uses the FICO® that Wal-Mart gives out for free. Smiley Surprised 

Maybe there's one lender out there somewhere. I base my statement on comments from others on here when they post their app results for a mortgage or apps for other credit. I don't believe there ever has been a post in here of someone saying their lender pulled TU08. It's always TU04 (or industry-enhenced for other types of loans). In other words, I don't see anyone using FICO08 versions at all. Even GECRB for Wal-Mart doesn't even use TU08, they use their own score.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Maybe there's one lender out there somewhere. I base my statement on comments from others on here when they post their app results for a mortgage or apps for other credit. I don't believe there ever has been a post in here of someone saying their lender pulled TU08. It's always TU04 (or industry-enhenced for other types of loans). In other words, I don't see anyone using FICO08 versions at all. Even GECRB for Wal-Mart doesn't even use TU08, they use their own score.

I believe the discover equifax is the fico 08 version other than that nothing i know for sure

Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I thought several credit card issuers (including large ones vis a vis Discover / Amex) were now doing '08 credit-enhanced pulls?  Mortgage of course is still all FICO '04 models, but I thought that was changing as of last year or so for other product types.

        
Message 14 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe. But are any Classic versions being used by lenders for FICO08? I have seen some posters hint that CC issuers might be using FICO08 CC-enhanced scores. We should create a thread or chart showing pulls and verified FICO versions (or other scores like in the case of GECRB or sometimes Amex with their own score).

Message 15 of 20
android01
Valued Contributor

I've always suspected that the PSECU EX FICO score is TU08.  I wonder if there's any way to find this out?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 16 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Smiley Happy  Is EX the new TU? For those wondering, the EX FICO at PSECU is a Fair Isaac Risk Model v2 (older version) for EX and used by most lenders.

Message 17 of 20
pakman92
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I've always suspected that the PSECU EX FICO score is TU08.  I wonder if there's any way to find this out?

I think what you mean is that you suspect PSECU EX FICO score is Risk Model V3 (EX version of Fico 8)

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 18 of 20
pakman92
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Smiley Happy  Is EX the new TU? For those wondering, the EX FICO at PSECU is a Fair Isaac Risk Model v2 (older version) for EX and used by most lenders.

Darn llecs beat me to it.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 19 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

Maybe. But are any Classic versions being used by lenders for FICO08? I have seen some posters hint that CC issuers might be using FICO08 CC-enhanced scores. We should create a thread or chart showing pulls and verified FICO versions (or other scores like in the case of GECRB or sometimes Amex with their own score).

Yeah, I highly doubt Classic versions are being used by the lenders currently (which I think is basically "mortgage-specific" these days?).  Virtually all of my information has been from random posts on this forum on that topic.

That's a good idea on the score chart, though I suspect most lenders run not only FICO (and perhaps multiple versions) but also their internal algorithms too so I don't know how closely that'd track any sort of approval decision for a given lender.  Would be interesting data to see though as to how quickly a given model is being adopted.

        
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.