Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic Eight Ball Says ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Magic Eight Ball Says ...

If you receive a Magic Eight Ball response, please do not take offense. There are many reasons why the Magic Eight Ball chooses to speak, and not all of them are easily understood. However, here are a few borne out of experience.

The Magic Eight Ball knows that it is not rooted in science, mathematics, or empirical evidence. This is true of far too many credit and debt issues.

The Magic Eight Ball is often vague and mystical so perhaps your question was just too vague and mystical for other means. Heed the words of the Magic Eight Ball, "Concentrate and ask again".

Sometimes the Magic Eight Ball just wishes to encourage others to laugh, and laughter is often good medicine.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Magic Eight Ball Says ...

Sometimes the Magic 8 ball comes across as rude and condescending.  Those new to the forum may not want to come back.
Message 2 of 11
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

" scratching his head wondering" 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 11
MattH
Senior Contributor

http://8ball.tridelphia.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=59744

Message Edited by MattH on 03-10-2010 09:26 PM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 11
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have no clue what the OP is talking about.
Message 5 of 11
MattH
Senior Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

He sometimes makes "magic eight ball says" jokes in his replies to postings.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 11
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

He sometimes makes "magic eight ball says" jokes in his replies to postings.

Oh, like, Magic 8 Ball says you should set your house on fire for insurance fraud? 

Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, not at all. He's saying that many times there are no straightforward answers to credit questions. Or that possibly the hypothetical OP posted a question that no one can figure out, and that s/he might need to go back and rephrase it.

The Magic Eight Ball is often a way of saying, Danged if I know. Or if anyone else knows. There are just too many variables to give an answer that will be 100% accurate in all situations.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:
 Sometimes the Magic 8 ball comes across as rude and condescending.  Those new to the forum may not want to come back.

Err... I have to agree with guiness on this.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 11
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

The Magic Eight Ball is often a way of saying, Danged if I know.

Then why not just say, "danged if I know"?   I am old, and I need things in "plain" english.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.