Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail or online???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mail or online???

Is it better to file disputes and or any other communications via mail or online?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mail or online???

I only dispute wrong addresses online.

Mail for everything else.  Everything.  First of all, it gives the CRAs less time to finish the research.  Secondly, it creates a better papertrail for future lawsuits if needed.  Lastly, you can write better explanations of why you are disputing -- the online disputes lack all of the possible reasons for disputes, including laws and regulations by the CFPB and other federal organizations.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great answer thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing!

I've seen a lot of online and telephone disputes of others go sideways and against them in ways that were virtually permanent in nature.

I used written disputes very successfully because my disputes covered exactly why I was disputing something and what my rights were under what law and what the requirements were under the law for them to correct the mistakes.

I never, ever disputed something that was factual and correct.  The closest I got to disputing something factual and correct was when the original creditor was heavily fined for the product and I never saw the proceeds of that fine for my account.  The dispute was successful because I included all of the history of the violation and the fine and how it was not applied to my account.  Two CRAs deleted within a week of getting my USPS dispute, and the other CRA deleted the second time I disputed it 6 months later (identical dispute).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.