cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail theft?! What was in my box?! NEED HELP!

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Mail theft?! What was in my box?! NEED HELP!

Just uncovered that someone broke into my community's box! It has about 14 slots, in Newport!

I have a Equifax security pin coming in, does this have any personal info on it?. DOB, SSN?. Anything?. I'm not sure if they stole it cause I'm not sure what was delivered today but I'm driving myself and DW nuts 😫
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mail theft?! What was in my box?! NEED HELP!

@Creditplz wrote:
Just uncovered that someone broke into my community's box! It has about 14 slots, in Newport!

I have a Equifax security pin coming in, does this have any personal info on it?. DOB, SSN?. Anything?. I'm not sure if they stole it cause I'm not sure what was delivered today but I'm driving myself and DW nuts 😫

Can't help you with the Equifac question but I would check with your local Post Office as they know what was delivered

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:

My earnest suggestion to you - I've made this to a couple of other people previously - is to sign up for USPS' "Informed Delivery" service, available via their website. This free service will give you a daily email on each delivery day where you'll get a scanned image (when it's possible to do that, some pieces are too big or irregular to scan) of any non-parcel mail you're getting that day. It's extraordinarily useful. Also, if you get a tracking number on a delivery, set up an account on USPS (again, free) and enter your tracking numbers - you'll get daily (and sometimes more frequently) updates on the status and location of your tracked packages. Doing all this will, in future, be a big help to you in tracking down any missing pieces of mail that you're expecting.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

My earnest suggestion to you - I've made this to a couple of other people previously - is to sign up for USPS' "Informed Delivery" service, available via their website. This free service will give you a daily email on each delivery day where you'll get a scanned image (when it's possible to do that, some pieces are too big or irregular to scan) of any non-parcel mail you're getting that day. It's extraordinarily useful. Also, if you get a tracking number on a delivery, set up an account on USPS (again, free) and enter your tracking numbers - you'll get daily (and sometimes more frequently) updates on the status and location of your tracked packages. Doing all this will, in future, be a big help to you in tracking down any missing pieces of mail that you're expecting.

I signed up for it based on one of your earlier posts and find it to be a great way to track mail.  Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.