Frequent Contributor
smooshiesmom

Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

what it means.  I have a charged off account wiht Capital One that is closed but showing as open.  When I checked further with scorewatch it says there has been a change in my capital one account.  The balance I owe has went up about 40 dollars, they are adding fees every month, that is why if the PFD doesn't work soon I will have to pay them. But I did send them a PFD letter about 2 weeks ago, and now it shows that customer disputes.  It is still showing on my report, why would they show that, customer disputes?  I did not dispute only sent PFD.  And they have not even responded to that.
Frequent Contributor
smooshiesmom

Re: Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

It says Consumer disputes this account information.  What?
Frequent Contributor
smooshiesmom

Re: Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

anybody have any thoughts on this?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

You will be hardpressed to get a PFD from CAP1. The balance will keep increasing (interest and fees) until you pay.
Established Contributor
dog

those freaks at capone are relentless...i believe they have a policy of "NO" on everything.  surprisingly, i was able to dispute off a capone CO two months early.  i guess they just didnt want to fool with it that late in the game. 

what is odd is that i got a new cc with them last year, while the CO was still on my report, and i didnt even have to do that deal where the old CO balance refinances on the new card. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}