Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Progress...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making Progress...

As success stories around here seem to be welcomed, I just wanted to share a couple of mine with everyone...

Here are the positives:
1.  Disputes to Experian requesting all of my mother's account information (Name, Addresses, SSN, Accounts, etc) be removed from my report was received and all disputes were resolved.  I ended up doing this in two stages as I could dispute the accounts online, but not the name or SSN info.  The online disputes (accounts) were confirmed (via email) as removed in ~ 2 weeks, but I did not receive an updated copy of my CR.  I then had to write a paper letter to dispute the name/SSN/etc (I couldn't do this online or get ahold of anyone on the phone) ; I also requested that my updated credit report be sent to me upon resolution.  I mailed  this letter 10/18/2007 and I received the response + my new (resolved) report on 11/3/07.  Woo!

2.  Goodwill letter to (a small private) University for a 60/90 day delinquency reported in 2002.  Sent 10/13/2007, positive response received ~2 weeks.  All derogatory notices were stated as being removed from TU.

3.  Goodwill letter sent to Chase for my SO's 3-30 day and 2-60 day delinquencies in 2002/2003.  Letter sent 10/15/2007, positive response received 11/3/07 stating that they will be removing all derogatory notations from TU, EQF & EXP, and noting as "current with no past due remarks."

Then I have two other letters for which have yet to hear any response:

1.  Letter to my other (very large public) University for a 30 & 60 day delinquency reported in Apr/May of 2007.  Sent mid-Sept 2007, no response to date.  Will try again after 1 year of on time payments.

2.  Letter re: my SO's 10 overdue parking tickets (received 2002/2003, paid 2004) sent on10/15, no response to date.  Will wait ~2 months and then retry.

And then there's a few other things we need to address still:

1.  SO's Lawn Service Account in collections... it's really his mother's account, not his.  Does not seem to have been reported to the CRs yet...

2.  Another parking of SOs in collections... will be trying a PFD letter. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making Progress...

Sounds like you're doing good.  Keep up the hard work!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.