Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making all due dates the same day

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Making all due dates the same day

Can you switch all your due dates to the same day? and do all banks allow this?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Making all due dates the same day

You probably can. But there are a lot of potential catches. Most cc companies that allow you to change your due dates (or statement dates) won't allow it until you've had the card for six months or a year. Even then, it's hard to get them all harmonized because you'll find they have different amounts of time between due date and statement cut. If you want to try it, it'll require months of finagling.

I toyed with trying to line up all the statement dates, but it was kind of frustrating.

Then, too, if you're a MyFico fanatic, you probably won't want  all your due dates or statement dates falling at the same time because that takes away your ability to spend on one card early in its cycle while letting another card go inactive as it nears its statement date.

Message 2 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

This is in regards to my parents CCs, they have alot of accts with balances and putting them at on the same due dates should make it easier to manage.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I beleive that the Fair Credit Billing Act has such a provision.

I will check it out and get back to you.

However, the FCBA only applies to billing of revolviing credit.  Are you concerned only with banks, or are you also inquiring about CC?

Message 4 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Basically the bank to see if they allow for this to happen.

Message 5 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

They are GE, Citi, WF, US Bank, and DSNB

Message 6 of 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Two points of view on this:

**AS OP stated, put all of them on the same date (such as with his parents accounts), making them easier to manage -- all due at the same time.

**Stagger the due dates between all cards, some at one part of the month (like the first week), some in the middle of the month (like the 3rd week).  Allows for use of cards to be staggered as well. 

I was able to set up most of my accounts when I initially opened them, to the second scenario.  Half are due on the 1st though the 6th, the rest are due the 15th through the 21st.  One of my first cards, 1st Command, I can't change the due date, and one of my most recent additions, the IberiaBank Select, I haven't moved the due date.  Both are at the end of the month, so just a slight variation of the 1st tier of card due dates.  I didn't have to wait any length of time to have the accounts to make the changes, but they took a couple billing cycles to completely kick in. 

I don't think the banks really care what your due dates are on other cards. As long as the bill is paid on time, that should be all that matters.  I can't see where any regulation would make a difference TO THE INDIVIDUAL or what s/he does, though regs (FCBA)  may impose restrictions to what the banking institutions can (or cannot) do. 

Message 7 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Exactly we were thinking of making two groups, 1st group due on the beginning of the month and 2nd group due on the last week of the month. Thanks for the ideas thom02099.

Message 8 of 11
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

We can't change the statement dates, only the due dates, right?

Message 9 of 11
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I used to get paid monthly and for several of my due dates/statement dates changed.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.