New Contributor
looking_forward

Making payment arrangements letter and a few questions too.....

Hi everyone.  I am new here and got the idea of writing a letter to my creditors from reading this forum.  I wrote one today and would like some advise on it. 

Dear sir or madam,

From the end of 2006 to present, I have been dealing with a bad case of depression.  Unfortunately, because of this, I was unable to deal with or pay my financial obligations.  After several medication changes in the last year, I am finally feeling better and ready to deal with my current financial situation.

I honestly regret having gotten so behind on my bills and have put your company in this situation.

What I am hoping to accomplish with this letter is to make payment arrangements with you and if possible, maybe you could waive some of the late fees.  I completely understand if this is not possible.

Since I will be sending this letter to all my creditors, I would hope that you could accept a $25 a month payment.

I sincerely thank you for reading my letter and considering my request.  I hope that at some point in the future, we will be able to do business again.

Now,  I have a few questions. 

• The different credit bureaus are reporting 2 different addresses on my credit report.  Which one do I send the letter to?  Both?
  • I have an old auto loan from the end of 2003 that is paid.  The acct. status is showing 30 and 60 days late.  Do I need to write a letter to the creditor or dispute this through the credit bureaus?  Is this affecting my FICO. 
  • If I write the letters to the original creditors and they accept payment arrangements, will the calls from the CA stop?
  • Should I hand write the letters or print out from the computer?

Thank you in advance for reading my post and for helping me out.  My Equifax FICO is 515.  I am trying to get it up to 600 within the next 6 months or less so I can try and buy a condo.  I am hoping the letters will help.

Sherri

Sherri
Scores as of 2/27/08: EQ: 515 EX: 489 TU: 482
Scores as of 4/02/08: EQ: 494 EX: 494 TU: 485
Established Contributor
modernsurrender

Re: Making payment arrangements letter and a few questions too.....

Always type your letters don't even sign your name, type that also.  At least, that's the case when dealing with CA's - I'd probably do the same with an OC though as well.  Anyone can be sneaky and evil, you never know haha

I'll let a pro answer the rest.

-Ja' Net
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
New Contributor
looking_forward

Thanks for your reply.  I sent a PFD letter and printed it out.  I hope it helps.  :smileyhappy:

Sherri
Sherri
New Contributor
looking_forward

Hi again everyone.  I am going to post the link to my original post and then you can see the one reply I got.

I hope this will get everyone's brain juices flowing.  :smileyhappy:  I would also like to add to the letter that I would prefer dealing with the OC, not the CA and would like them to take back the acct.  Is this possible?  Thanks. 

Sherri
Sherri

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+