Established Contributor
bamf70

Making some progress!

[ Edited ]
Well I went on a mini application spree yesterday. I applied for the Delta Amex Gold card, the Hooters MC, a Target card and a wamu card. I got the 10-14 day message from AMEX, a 7-10 day message from Target, a denial from wamu and an approval with no limit listed for Hooters. My scores from 7-12 were:

EQ: 623 (Target pulled)
EX: 627 (AMEX pulled)
TU: 596 (Hooters and wamu pulled)

Well today I got a call to call a 1-866 phone number. Turns out it was AMEX and it was to tell me I got approved! I believe I will get at the least the Target guest card as well. I think I might have had a bad Providian account years back that kept me from getting the wamu. But I got my 1st real "prime" card and I am soooo happy!!!

I now have the following:

HSBC Platinum MC: $300
Tribute MC: $300
First Premier MC: $250
AMEX: $ TBA
Hooters MC $ TBA
Target $ (not sure I'm getting it)

Thanks again to all the regulare contributors who have helped me with the tips and tricks to bring up my scores, I wouldn't be on my way back without you!

Message Edited by bamf70 on 07-14-2007 10:47 AM
Established Contributor
trinigal

Re: Making some progress!

Congratulations, you're doing good.

Now calm down with the CCs.....k?:smileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
bamf70

trinigal,

Agreed :smileyvery-happy:

All these accounts have been opened since 01-17-07. I won't be doing any more applications until I go for my house either later this year or early next year. I anticipate a hit to my score for all the new accounts but at least I have one "prime" card now and my score will only get better long term because of the + TLs these will generate.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

WTG!
Established Contributor
bamf70

Thanks Tuscani....alot of what I did to increase my scores and get these cards came from your posts!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

bamf70 wrote:
Thanks Tuscani....alot of what I did to increase my scores and get these cards came from your posts!

Good to hear! I should start taking donations.. think Fair Isaac would care? :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+