Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many transplants from CB over here?

tag
Project17
New Contributor

Many transplants from CB over here?

Just curious how many came here from CB and just curious why... The admin's and Mod's really have their heads in the clouds and are on massive power trips. And most have no clue to what's going on.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Many transplants from CB over here?

@Project17 wrote:
Just curious how many came here from CB and just curious why... The admin's and Mod's really have their heads in the clouds and are on massive power trips. And most have no clue to what's going on.

You mean the admins and mods here? Or over there?

I visit CB about once a week & really like their credit pulls database. But to me the big difference is that MyFico people seem generally better informed and some of the best stuff on CB is just a clone of what's here anyhow.

Message 2 of 9
Project17
New Contributor

The admin's and mod's over there sorry should have been clearer on that.. I tend to agree a lot of the info on there came from other places. Years back they had some good members who knew their stuff but they have long gone.. A lot of fakers over there now.
Message 3 of 9
starry1
Valued Contributor

I found both boards about the same time. I never liked the vibe over there, so ended up actually joining here. This board is much better informed and much nicer and supportive. The only positives over there are the database, and I think their legal subforum is very good, but then I'm a paralegal and drawn to such discussions. I'm content to remain a lurker there.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Project17 wrote:
The admin's and mod's over there sorry should have been clearer on that.. ...

Whew! Smiley Tongue

I started there many eons ago. Someone there suggested I visit here and I did.

Message 5 of 9
Project17
New Contributor

You guys are pretty fair over here and have a sense of humor! Over there they are gods and are never wrong..

I started over in 09 in the business credit section when I was building my business credit.. There was a handful of guys that had good info that was current and correct and then a handful that just copied and pasted things from other online sources. Don't get me wrong I did learn some stuff from people there but it was more my own efforts of gathering info from there and other sources and putting it all together.

Now you have guys that just take the info provided by the experienced guys and try to make it their own. They all want to be heros.

You guys know Marvbear?
Message 6 of 9
Project17
New Contributor

I was reading another post on here about CB about how they offer a way to avoid paying debts which I couldn't agree with more. They teach ways not to pay debts and avoid all that BS. In the end a site like that will hurt credit more then it will help any one.
Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are one of the sites that advocates a so-called "1-2 Punch" process, wherein they actively promote sending a DV quickly followed by a dispute to the CRA, and asserting that the debt collector is barred from handling the dispute/responding back to the CRA based on the DV cease collection bar.  Debt collector harassment.

When I raised questions about that very questionable process, the response was that regardless of its propriety, it does no harm to give it a go.

No one could provide any real basis, but nonetheless it is openly advocated. 

This site never advocates game-playing.

Message 8 of 9
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I've learned a lot from both sites really, but what I have the most difficulty with is newbies are often treated with sharp, rudeness on the 'other place,' and if called on it, it develops into a defensive round of justification for what they believe is acceptable behavior.

A lot more patience here.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.