Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriage and how it affects credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriage and how it affects credit

regarding the "old lady alone" comment --- not in a rocking chair but an old lady able to do anything she wants to do including take a $30K trip around the world on her card!

Unless you have soooo much liquid cash that you really don't need credit then you need to have a good score to get the most from the credit you have.

OP, I think you need to have a serious talk with him - no threats or the like - but really explain the impact his actions have on YOU as a couple.
Message 11 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:

In a wierd twist of events, since I have become credit obsessed, I have realized many things.  Relationships send my credit into the toilet so to speak...always trying to help...So new rules...bad credit scores means you are outta here...Last two guys I dated...disaster...never knew ones credit info...but I could see how he handled his bidness..."Just pay it late"....NOT!!!  And the last one told me he didn't give a d**n about his credit score...Sent him packin....

A high FICO is sexy  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I so agree...Good credit is sexy...I will be requiring credit reports for any future adventures...lol...Thanks  guys...OP...talk to your future spouse and get this straight...before it turns into a disaster...But again...good luck to you both.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.