Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard Issuing new cards

tag
lllollolll
Valued Member

Mastercard Issuing new cards

Earlier today I decided to review all of my accounts. While ding so I discovered my SURGE MC was paid in full, which i knew was inaccuarte. I contacted Surge and upon doing so was advised that Mastercard as a company believes that my Surge card was comprimised and therefore issued a new card. The reason for seeing a PIF was due to the balance tranfers between the old and new account. Of course this raises questions about my old card being active, and appearently it is until i get and activate the new one. The customer service agent was able to verify that noone attempted to change any personal information or request this new card, that in fact it was done solely by MC. Then she proceeded to congratulate me on a CLI ...

That being said, it seems the credit card companies are getting information on who's credit card #'s may have been comprimised and are taking pre-emptive action.

June 2013 EQ-Trash / TU-Trash / EX-Trash
Dec 2016 EQ-Better / TU-Better / EX-Better

Fingerhut / Barclay's MC / Walmart / Credit One / Surge / Verve / Amazon / Cap1 / Texaco / 1st Premier / Total / 1st Access $300 / Target / Victoria Secrets
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Mastercard Issuing new cards

Yeah seems so, just had this happen with my Discover.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover issued me a new card as well because of the whole data breach thing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can all just call our banks and ask for new cards/numbers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.