Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Mortgage Credit Score w/1 baddie?

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hey All,

I'm wondering how high I can get here. I was hoping for 720 Mid. I'm at 695 Mid. I've done everything I can. Util is below 9% w/only one card reporting.

The DOLA will reach the 3 year anniversary on my paid collection next month. My Husband has 800's across the board Smiley Mad but it doesn't matter grrr.

We apped a few months back and were approved but they wanted us to go FHA due to the rate. I really want a CONV. This is our second purchase.  We are re-apping beginning of September.

My next free 3B is 8/15 so i'll have an update.

Will anyone share their max score with baddies?

Thanks!

Happy Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max Mortgage Credit Score w/1 baddie?

767 with a 30 day late from 2011. No other baddies. Wife has a high of 732 with a series of 30 60 90 120 day lates going back to 2013 and no other negative items like collections or judgments etc.

Message 2 of 10
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

Hey All,

I'm wondering how high I can get here. I was hoping for 720 Mid. I'm at 695 Mid. I've done everything I can. Util is below 9% w/only one card reporting.

The DOLA will reach the 3 year anniversary on my paid collection next month. My Husband has 800's across the board Smiley Mad but it doesn't matter grrr.

We apped a few months back and were approved but they wanted us to go FHA due to the rate. I really want a CONV. This is our second purchase.  We are re-apping beginning of September.

My next free 3B is 8/15 so i'll have an update.

Will anyone share their max score with baddies?

Thanks!

Happy Smiley Happy

Max score potential depends on the CRA. Best guess is max potential is limited to (700 to 710) for EQ Fico 04 and (730 to 740) for TU Fico 04 and EX Fico 98 mortgage scores given the collection - which is a serious derog.

A minor 30 day late delinquency with over 3 years age will not be as limiting. Max potential of around 730 on EQ and 760 on TU/EX mortgage scores - IMO.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 3 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

Thank you for the input!!

For what it's worth, MYFICO doesn't list it under the "collection" tab but under "revolving-negative".

Only EX has the word collection in the notes section, the others show a 30,60,120 late.

Not sure if that matters at all.

I am thinking perhaps my AAoA is the problem. As of my 5/15/16 pull I was at 4 Yrs, 3 Mos AAoA. Maybe I will see a boost but I won't reach the 5 year mark before I buy my house i'm sure.

I'm hoping to also get a bump from my baddie turning 3 years old. We shall see.

Happy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The negative is probably your most significant limiting factor.  Carefully research in Rebuilding and see if you can do anything to get it removed.

@happy0510 wrote:

Keep in mind it's never just about the one factor itself.  Unless the rest of your profile is maxed you won't hit whatever the max is with 1 negative.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

Keep in mind it's never just about the one factor itself.  Unless the rest of your profile is maxed you won't hit whatever the max is with 1 negative.

He's well aware of that, as indicated by him referencing his low utilization, only 1 card reporting etc.  Basically he's asking assuming everything else is solid, what's the best he can do with the baddie.  One of the veteran members on here, maybe it was Thumb or UncleB posted a table once with the different scoring buckets and it would show you the highest score from each bureau that one could achieve with the different levels of "dirty" or "clean" files.  Anyone care to link that?  I thought it was pretty cool.

The number 759 keeps coming to mind for me, and I've got a really good file overall except 2 major derogs (90 day, 120 day) from a few years back.  I think with those 2 majors and everything else being perfect 759 would be my max.  The highest I've gotten to was in the 740's thus far with those baddies being around 2-3 years old give or take.

Message 6 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

He's well aware of that, as indicated by him referencing his low utilization, only 1 card reporting etc.  Basically he's asking assuming everything else is solid, what's the best he can do with the baddie.  One of the veteran members on here, maybe it was Thumb or UncleB posted a table once with the different scoring buckets and it would show you the highest score from each bureau that one could achieve with the different levels of "dirty" or "clean" files.  Anyone care to link that?  I thought it was pretty cool.

The number 759 keeps coming to mind for me, and I've got a really good file overall except 2 major derogs (90 day, 120 day) from a few years back.  I think with those 2 majors and everything else being perfect 759 would be my max.  The highest I've gotten to was in the 740's thus far with those baddies being around 2-3 years old give or take.

Thanks Brutal! 

Yes, I am very well aware. Been here for almost 10 years Smiley Very Happy

That table sounds fantastic. I am going to search that. It is looking like my 720 middle is not out of the realm of possibility.

P.s. I'm a GirlSmiley Wink

Happy Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood Smiley Wink

Hopefully one of the veterans stops in and links it for you.  The thread where I saw it was probably from about 2-3 weeks ago, but I have no clue which subforum it was in at this point since I read through all of them regularly.

Message 8 of 10
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Message 9 of 10
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

Thanks Brutal! 

Yes, I am very well aware. Been here for almost 10 years Smiley Very Happy

That table sounds fantastic. I am going to search that. It is looking like my 720 middle is not out of the realm of possibility.

P.s. I'm a GirlSmiley Wink

Happy Smiley Happy

Here is the link to a summary table that was put together relative to Classic Fico 08 scores.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/SCORECARDS/m-p/4361047#M102264

Note: Fico mortgage scores have real world limits below 850 so the ranges would need to be adjusted for that - and the fact that Fico mortgage models have 10 scorecards, not 12 scorecards.

Here is another link to table summarizing score ranges for a variety of scoring models

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/m-p/4222362#M98991

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.