Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed Out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maxed Out

The documentary Maxed Out is now available thru Netflix. Blockbuster, Hollywood, et al. may also now have it.

A comment on IMDB describes it as "scary and informative". I have not yet seen it, but I've heard very good things about it. A number of folks on CIC recommended it.

It's in my Netflix queue.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maxed Out

I just added it to my Blockbuster queue. Thanks.
Message 2 of 23
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Nice! I have been wanting to see this.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

On NetFlix, this is a "Watch Now" feature. If you have broadband, you can watch it over your computer, rather than wasting the time it takes to Get/Watch/Return the DVD. It's a good documentary, and I have already recommended it to several of my friends.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Just watched it. I'm speechless. Words escape me. And that's a rarity for me. OMG, OMG, OMG! Well, that settles it. I'm buying it.

Trying to formulate a few coherent thoughts.

First, those of you Dave Ramsey advocates, you really don't seem to be doing him justice. Haven't read any of his books, and the snippets with him were brief, but he did seem very coherent.

How would I describe Maxed Out, in a word? Hmmmmmmm. OK, got it.

Masterpiece.

Yep, that's the word. Masterpiece. I've heard reviews critical saying it needed more X, but I find it wholly complete in every way.

It is a must see.

There was a subtle, backhanded smack aimed at Fair Isaac and Suze Orman, and that made me snicker.

It was truly shocking to hear CAs openly admitting, on tape, to violating FDCPA. And these were held up as representing "the good guys" of CAs.

I suspect my days are numbered on MyFico Forums because of Maxed Out.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to watch it as soon as I can pry myself out of the office.

As for Dave Ramsey, I think people could do better for financial advice and strategies...but they could also--and in many cases are--doing MUCH worse. I'll agree with the overall idea that the American population as a cohort needs to substantially reduce its debt load, even if I don't endorse taking it to quite the extreme Mr. Ramsey does.
Message 6 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

doconner wrote:
On NetFlix, this is a "Watch Now" feature. If you have broadband, you can watch it over your computer, rather than wasting the time it takes to Get/Watch/Return the DVD. It's a good documentary, and I have already recommended it to several of my friends.

No, you can watch it on a PC.  It is not yet available for good computers - ie Macs  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was quite curious whose pocket bush was in this time when he touted the bankruptcy reform laws, but i never bothered to do any investigating.....maxed out answered that question. 

way to go mbna and bush! keeping the american dream alive! 

(if dog suddenly stops posting, don't bother looking for him......he will have been abducted from his home by govt agents, without warrant, and held indefinitely in some secret gulag, without being charged with any crime.)
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to have to read some of Liz Warren's books and writings.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.