cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe someone can answer why this happens (or doesn't happen actually.)

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Maybe someone can answer why this happens (or doesn't happen actually.)

So...I'm starting to notice a trend with Equifax that maybe someone can help me with to see if maybe I'm missing something.

8 months ago, I added my Dad to my BOA Cash rewards as an auth user. 

It reported right away to EX and TU but still, to this day, hasn't reported to EQ.

3 months ago, my dad received a new Cap1 card, it reported to EX and TU right away, but still hasn't reported to EQ.

2 months ago, I was added as an AU to a card and it reported nearly immediately to EX and TU, but not EQ.

Now, my wife and I have played the AU game and never had these issues, with the coming  on and  going off. 

Has anyone else had the same issue with Equifax not reporting cards correctly? The strangest part is not reporting his card in his own name, but it seems really odd that they're so far behind on 2 AU accounts as well.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe someone can answer why this happens (or doesn't happen actually.)

I don't recall having any issues with EQ reporting.  If you're noticing problems, don't assume itto be a broad trend and determine what's going on.  Start with the creditor and verify that they're properly reporting to EQ.  Make sure that they have the correct information and that they're not reporting on another person's report.  Determine if a split file (see prior discussions) or other reasons may explain what's going on.

Message 2 of 3
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: Maybe someone can answer why this happens (or doesn't happen actually.)

@takeshi74 wrote:

I don't recall having any issues with EQ reporting.  If you're noticing problems, don't assume itto be a broad trend and determine what's going on.  Start with the creditor and verify that they're properly reporting to EQ.  Make sure that they have the correct information and that they're not reporting on another person's report.  Determine if a split file (see prior discussions) or other reasons may explain what's going on.

It involves 3 different people, I'd say at this point, it's a trend.

The creditors claim they're reporting properly. They have the correct info. It just seems random, that's all.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.